HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

My tearing burning pain is on the right side. It started in the hospital. I thought maybe it was from the drain that I had. It's always there, sometimes just a slight burning, and then there are the times when I am trying to stand up where I practically faint from the pain. It feels like someone stabbing me with a hot sword!
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:39 PM

My burning pain started immtediately after surgery. When I asked DR. about it he said it was probably nerves and it would go away. He was correct. It took 4 weeks for me, but it is different for others. My pain was under my incision(horizontal) and radiating down to my left leg. I believe he said that the fascia they cut and then repair after removing the uterus, sometimes a nerve gets entrapped in it, then the burning pain will result. i don't think it happens to everyone, just some. I guess we just lucked out?? I was given different meds with the anaprox and tramadol working the best. I also tried to not move in the direction that would cause the pain to start. I hope you find relieve soon. I also in the 4th week experienced some kind of "pop" feeling where it would burn. It was after that "pop" (which didn't hurt just felt odd)that I didn't have anymore pain. I believe maybe a stitch finally dissolved and released that part of the nerve being entrapped, dunno for sure, but that's what I like to believe, lol
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:46 PM

I had the same thing. I'm in week 5. Week 3 my plastic surgeon (I also had a tummy tuck at the same time), gave me a shot in the area which numbed it temporarily. It blocked the pain and the solution itself probabaly helped smooth things out in that area (so my dr said). Anyway it was such a relief. . ask your doc if you can get that block. It's well worth it. Oh, and here I am in week 5, and much much better so hang in there!
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:45 PM

I have a burning sensation too. I am so glad to see that I am not the only one, there for awhile I thought I was nuts.Only in certain positions or if I sit in one position for too long. Thank you for reassuring me I'm not nuts.
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhude
Hello,
I had my TAH on Feb.11,2008. I made the decision to have the surgery because I had 2 fibroids and excessive bleeding. I first chose to have HER OPTION first but after 4 months I knew it didn't work for me. I am recovering okay but with one big question.! I am experiencing a burning, almost a tearing sensation in my lower left abdomen. It usually occurs when I try to stand up. Dr. says it is a nerve (in the fascia) probably pinched when being sutured. He assures me it will go away. I completely trust this Dr.,as I have known him for 15 years or so. But last night was the worst, it wouldn't subside for about half an hour. Does anyone here know of what I am talking about? How do I handle the pain???? Thank you in advance!
Hi Sleepyhude:
I had that experience after my TAH on 10/18/07; it's just your inside healing. We all have searing, painful sensations in different places after our surgeries; I learned this through this network. I'll keep you in my Prayers! Good health and well wishes to you!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway