???s re: tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Tummy Tuck Too

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

???s re: tummy tuck ???s re: tummy tuck

Unread 02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
???s re: tummy tuck

just thinking here(for once). i am getting a TT when i have hyste.. everything will be taken.. i have so much wanted this and now it will come true. after all i am and will go thru i feel like it is my prize...
Q: when you have the TT after Hyste, what happens if you get the swelly belly ? will this stretch the skin again ? i'm sure i will have to wear something for support, but where does all the swelly go ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 01:13 PM

Hello -

Congratulations to you!! I had my hyster & TT 2 weeks ago & I am starting to really feel better today! The swelly belly is very common if you just have a TT only. Yes, the support garment helps. I have only noticed my belly swelling twice since surgery. (I had eaten a baked potato botth times...hum???) The website makemeheal is wonderful for info on your tt. Good luck to ya!!!
Unread 02-27-2008, 02:43 PM

great ! i will look for it.. so are you feeling ok ? pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM

I am really feeling good today - best day so far. 1st two weeks were hard. Drain tubes make everything awkward and uncomfortable. PS removed one tube at 1 week and other tube yesterday, so I feel much more free today. Took my 1st real standup shower last night, felt great!! (had been sitting on a 5 gal. bucket) I am standing up much better now, PS said to just let my pain be my guide. I really got a good look at stomach last night and I am so excited, can't wait until I can stand up completely!!!
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:21 PM

what is a ps tube ? drain tube huh ? where is that placed and does everyone having a TT and Hyste have one ???
Unread 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM

PS is Plastic Surgeon. Yes, from what I read, drain tubes are used for almost all tummy tucks. I had 2 placed below my incision site. You just have to empty them daily & record the amounts. I think they made things very awkward.
Unread 02-29-2008, 12:23 PM

so what drains in it ? blod, or just fliuds from the healing process ? i sound so stupid here. sorry. then when they remove it does it hurt ? do you go home with it in ? so sorry for all these ??s ok 1 more... do they have your belly all bandaged up ? to help with the swelling ?
Unread 02-29-2008, 10:30 PM

I really do not mind your questions at all...ask away!! Yes they drain blood & fluid to prevent internal swelling. I had 2 tubes, 1 was removed at one week post op and the other one at 2 weeks. Yes it hurt on removal. I was off painkillers so it was a bad stinging, burning feeling. Pain did not last long, but yes, it HURT!!! Before surgery, I had to buy an undergarmet binder for them to put on me after surgery. I forgot to give them my binder so when I wokeup. I was in a wrap around binder. When they came in to check on me that night, they opened the binder and removed some bandaging. I was out into my purchased binder the next day. I am still wearing my binder, PS said atleast 3 weeks maybe longer. My binder is like biker shorts, runs from from under boobs to top of my knees. It is crouchless & has zippers down both sides. I only remove it to shower & wash it. It really is supportive, I feel very odd & kinda uncomfortable without it on.
Unread 03-01-2008, 11:16 AM

thanks manytins, sounds like a girdle.. sort of... so can you pee with it on ? or do you need to keep pulling it on & off ? i really want this so bad to have TT and now i am facing some complications b/c PS cant do it on April 7th date, so they want to postpone evrything untill May 5 not sure if this is wise for me to do where i have the cancer issue.. so OB is trying to come up with a solution .. they will cal mon or tues...
Unread 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Yes, I can use the bathroom with binder on. I understand your scheduling problem. I had to postpone for 1 month in order to get mine worked out between both doctors. It really is worth doing at the same time, explain your cancer concerns & push the doctors if you have to. (of course, your health is always the most important) Good Luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register