HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

adenomyosis and swollen stomach.... adenomyosis and swollen stomach....

Unread 03-12-2008, 01:03 AM
adenomyosis and swollen stomach....

Hi! I have been told that I have adenomyosis and will eventually have a hysterectomy. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this condition will cause alot of bloating. I look like I am about 5 months preg. I can't stand to feel like this all the time.
Unread 03-12-2008, 05:21 AM

I have been told that I too have adeno.. Of course it can't be truely diagnosed until after a hysterectomy is done and tests are run. My family has a history of adeno so thats most likely my problem.. I have a swollen belly for about 3 weeks out of the month.. The week prior to, the week of and the week after my cycle begins. I was told I have a uterus the size of a 3/12 month pregnant woman.. This doesn't make me happy of course lol.. So yes, adeno can cause you to look bloated.

I will have to get a hysterectomy too.. They just keep telling me I'm too young at 26. I got my first Lupron shot today and hope that it will help a little.. Any relief is better then none at all.. Hope you feel better!!
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM

Hi!
I too have an adeno diagnosis. I have alot of bloating all the time. One day my pants fit, the next there too tight in the waist. I am having my surgery 2 weeks from today.
Kim
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:29 AM

hi everyone I had my surgery jan 25th went in thinking I had fibroid tumors came out with adeno diagnosis! and polp on uterus! I cant belive the difference I lost a pant size in my lower abs! pretty good seeing I hadent worked out in 7weeks! climbing stairs is easier! I just cant belive it made that much difference to get that mess outa there!!
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:33 PM

Thanks to all !!! It makes me feel better knowing I am not crazy!! But my dr. didn't say to much about this when I ask her. But it always helps to hear from someone who is going thru the same thing. I hope to soon have my surgery, and hope even more it will help me get back into my jeans!!! I am now taking care of my mother in law, she fell and broke her hip. So it could be a while before I can even consider setting a date. I will be crazy by then!!! LOL
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:05 AM

I also have been told I have adenomyosis and I look like I am second trimester my belly is quite enlarged. I get my first lupron shot tomorrow. I am hoping it helps "deflate" my gut a bit as I am tired of people asking me all the time when I am due. I certainly hope that after I recover from the hysterectomy (which we expect will probably be by the end of the year) that I will notice a difference (preferably a BIG difference) afterward.
Unread 05-16-2008, 10:34 AM

I also have been diagnosed with adenomyosis. I have been wondering why my abdomen feels swollen and despite all the cruches and excercising I do there is no difference. I also have been feeling strong contractions. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with their adenomyosis? I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on June 2nd. Im hoping soemone has some help for me. I am miserable and just want it to stop. Thanks.
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM

I had my hyster 3 weeks ago and my doctor is suspecting the path report to come back as adeno. I had a 16 week uterus and always looked pregnant no matter what I tried. I can tell you that since my surgery a lot of that has gone away. I still have swelling from surgery but I'm guessing I'll notice a lot more difference once that subsides.
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:50 AM

Did you have any contractions? Im having labor contractions with this as well. My doctor said that my uterus is enlarged. Im wondering if the contractions are part of this since the uterus is enlarged.
Unread 05-16-2008, 12:32 PM

I had chronic pelvic/lower back pain to the point where towards the end I couldn't even do a sink of dishes without ending up in pain and if I overdid things it would get so bad that the pain would feel like a labor contraction.
I had extremely heavy periods from day one that only got worse as I got older to the point that I was bleeding and passing huge clots most days of the month and the pain was to the point that the strongest pain meds were not helping anymore.

For me having the surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself and the soreness of recovery is nothing compared to the pain I endured every month for numerous years.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.