HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sagging Tummy? Sagging Tummy?

Unread 04-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Sagging Tummy?

I've lost 7lbs since surgery and my stomach is really starting to look saggy. I started out before surgery at 125lbs and I've always been fit but this "flap" is really starting to bother me! Please tell me that it will go away!
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Sagging Tummy?

hi heather, i had a fibroid that was " basketball " size.. and im telling you what i have a flap that hangs like no other ! it is hideous ! im 11 days post - op & its so disturbing !..... i cant wait to do "ab " workouts, I have not done them since i got this silly thing that would be about hmmm 5 yrs.. lol !!! it was painful and i bled allllllll the time, not exactly FUN to work on your abs when all that is happening, now im actually looking forward to one day being able to do a " crunch or two ! " .. lol but yes dear i have a flap.. and its rather large.... Ugh !
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Sagging Tummy?

It reminds me of the movie with Adam Sandler called Click when he grabs and flaps his flap!
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Sagging Tummy?

My garganular belly is starting to appear smaller, I am at 4 wks post-op, TAH/BSO.

I do notice more swelling with activity though. I plan to also do a lot of upper AB work once I am cleared to excercise.

Blessings,

J Salami
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Sagging Tummy?

Hiya! Unfortunately, I wanted to tell you, that my doctor told me that no matter how much abdominal work I do and weight loss there will always be some sort of flap or "pooch" there for at least my particular siuation. I have had two c-sections and now a TAH. With each incision in the same place, the scar has gotten deeper and made the flap more prominent. She said really the only thing that would fix it would be a tummy tuck I'm not even close to being mentally ready for another abdominal surgery at this point, so I guess that one will have to wait.
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Sagging Tummy?

Hi Lolee,
What bothers me is why these doctors don't tell us that BEFORE we have surgery..GARHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I would have had the darned tummy tuck...sigh..
I
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Sagging Tummy?

I didn't think there was any hope and then at 5 months post op I looked down and my tummy was flatter than it had been in months!! I am now 6 months post op and I have a little swelling now and then but I exercise daily and really feel great. Hang in there. As soon as your doctor clears you, exercise helps both mentally and physically!
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Sagging Tummy?

Hi,
I was told at my 2 week check up that I will always now have a "shelf." Ugh! I was so proud of my 49 year old body, even after a c-section 22 years ago that I never had a pooch before.
Needless to say I wasn not happy. It is gross and when I over-do exercise it swells. My doc said give it a year and if it still bothers me, to get it fixed. Many days I can tolerate but it not a pretty naked sight. Better than all the bleeding I dealt with for years, not to mention prolapse. I am considering a tummy tuck next year if the ab exercises don't work.
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Sagging Tummy?

My loving adorable husband took one look at my "belly shelf" after I arrived home from the hospital and said, "looks like a tummy tuck is in your future!" OH the pain I felt. I agree, Dans Wife, I wish the Dr. had mentioned it before surgery cause there is no way I am having abdominal surgery anytime soon. This has been rough, although I certainly enjoy the absence of blood and cramps and all the aches before surgery!
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Sagging Tummy?

I too have a big pooch. I hate it. Particularly because my Dr said my stomach would be flatter after the surgery because the darn fibroids were so big. I just started working out (2 wks) and I'm hoping to at least reduce it but I don't think it will ever go away without surgery. Also, since I've been working out, the pooch, particularly to the right of the belly button hurts more. The skin is still numb in places. What I'm wondering is, in lieu of a tummy tuck if liposuction would help?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.