Inside labia stripe ?? (update) | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Inside labia stripe ?? (update) Inside labia stripe ?? (update)

Unread 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Inside labia stripe ??

I can't even figure out how to describe this. (blushing)

I have a sore stripe inside my labia. Upon inspection, the first few days, it looked like two bright red stripes with a white part down the middle. It looked like some type of instrument had burned or imprinted on my skin. Now, it hurts a bit more (or I'm more aware of it, because everything else stopped hurting) & it's more yellowish/white.

Any ideas ? I'm going to keep a close eye (yeah, like I can see down there even with a mirror, lol, I had to have DH take a peek for me, poor guy, tortured & all that ) if it gets worse either in appearance or pain, I'll be headed to my Dr.

Just wondered if anybody had anything similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Inside labia stripe ?? (update)

I've not experienced this, but hope that someone who has, shall come along soon and share.

It certainly does sound like a burn, doesn't it? Your description of it turning yellow concerns me. I think a call to your surgeon is in order, just to be certain you don't need any medical follow-up for possible minor infection.

Take care, Princess, and let us know...OK?..........s.....Deb
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi Deb, thanks for the reply. It looks better today, not so puffy, & it doesn't hurt at all today. Weird huh. If it was worse today my plan was e-mail my Dr a picture of it. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 12:54 PM

I had a bruise dark blue & purple mark on my libia. I called my Dr and was told that it is trauma due to the vaginal part of my hyster. It was also so swollen that it touch thigh to thigh and I couldn't sit. This occured last week (week 3 for me). They told me bed rest for a few days and it should get better-it worked. The swelling went down and the bruise looks better. How are you doing now?
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:17 PM

The pain associated with that specific area seems to come & go. When I woke this morning it was very uncomfortable. Now, I can't feel it at all.

I'm just watching it closely. Thanks sw34.
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Burn marks or blisters on inner labia ??

Now that I've done more reading & research, I realize it's more than likely a burn from a cauterizing instrument.

Did anyone else have blisters or burn marks after their surgery ??
Unread 04-11-2008, 11:48 PM

After my surgery I had a blister on my leg close to where the catherter tube was taped to my upper leg. It looked just like a burn with a bubble and it busted. I showed my doctor at my one week post op and he acted like it was no big deal and told me to put antibiotic ointment on it. I did and it healed but there is a scar now.
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:27 AM

I had burn marks on the inside of both of my thighs. Each mark looked identical. I am thinking it was from tape that they used and removed not so gently after the surgery. I am sensitive to latex and may have had a reaction. It was very sore looking but did not hurt and ended up clearing up on it's own with no scars. Hubby actually was the first to notice it after we got home and he was changing my belly dressing.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register