HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Pain From Ultrasound, Twisted Fibroid? Pain From Ultrasound, Twisted Fibroid?

Unread 04-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Pain From Ultrasound, Twisted Fibroid?

I had an internal/vaginal ultrasound done on Friday and have been in quite a bit of pain since then...is that normal? I don't know if it's just from all of the prodding around and bumping into things, or if it could have caused some sort of damage? I have fibroids and since the ultrasound have been experiencing a pretty constant pain on my right side that goes around into my hip...feels like a huge pulled muscle, but I really don't think that's what it is. I know that the ultrasound technician was particularly interested in seeing something located on the upper right portion of my uterus, so she had me push down on my abdomen with my hand for quite awhile while she looked. I have heard of fibroids getting twisted and causing pain, has anyone ever experienced that and if so, what type of a pain was it? If one were to get twisted, would it eventually untwist on it's own? If it remained twisted, what would happen? The technician referred to one fibroid as "hanging down from the top of my uterus," so that makes me think that at least that particular one is the kind with a stalk that could twist. I have the constant "pulled muscle" pain, then I also have sharp shooting pains every now and then and everything feels heavy and is causing lots of pressure with just a constant dull ache. I am having problems sitting, standing, laying down...that pretty much covers all of my options! I'd appreciate a little feedback from anyone who has experienced this. If you had an internal ultrasound, how did you feel afterward? Thanks in advance!

Janet
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Pain From Ultrasound, Twisted Fibroid?

Janet I had a fibroid twist on a stalk and believe me its painful. It feels like you have to keep going poop (sorry to be graphic) and when you try to go the pain is still there. Also the pain made me neausus so I was throwing up and had a fever and very low white blood count. If you had one that twisted you would be in excrutiating pain.

Robyn

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.