HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Strong urine smell Strong urine smell

Unread 04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Strong urine smell

I am now about 6 or 7 weeks post op & for some time (but only since my op) have noticed that my pee is very strongly smelly in the morning. I don't have a UTI & nor do I have any pain or itchiness on passing urine, but wondered if anyone else has noticed this too. What did they move around while doing my op I wonder ???
I try to drink lots thru the day, but ease off from about 4pm otherwise I am up several times thru the night - between loo trips & hot flashes its often leaving me exhausted in the morning,
Lyn
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Strong urine smell

I would think its normal since you try to drink less liquids after 4pm....regardless, the next time mention it to your doctor just to be on the safe side, but if you dont have any other symptoms, I wouldnt worry about it too much...

why not do an experiment one day, and drink lots of liquids pass 4pm, until before you go to sleep, and see how your urine is in the morning....

let me know if you try this out.

blessings,
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Strong urine smell

Thanks for this - I have my follow up appt tomorrow, but will absolutely try out drinking lots in the weekend - I feel too exhausted to get to work when I have been up & down all night.
Kind regards,
Lyn
Unread 04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Strong urine smell

Hi Lyn,

let me know what the doctor says about it when you go and see him tomorrow...

blessings,
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Strong urine smell

I have always been told that the darker your urine and the more potent is it is a sign of not drinking enough fluids and passing enough urine. You really should try to drink more. And I'm talking WATER not soda/pop, coffee, tea, etc...You need to increase your water intake and this will dilute your urine.
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Strong urine smell

Hi all, well saw my Dr today & he is really happy with my progress so far. He also advised me to increase my fluids & flush whatever on through. I will definitely be doing this towards Friday when I can test the bladder capacity - & have a sleep catch up over the weekend.
No physical/internal checkup (which I hadnt been looking forward to anywa) & as I have seen mentioned in other threads, asked if me & DH had done the deed yet ... even though in hospital he had told me, no sex until after my clearance.
Was also precribed a low dose of estrogen therapy to help with the hot flashes & crazy memory (what memory !!).
Have a nice day, Lyn
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Strong urine smell

Hi Lyn;

so glad your doctors visit went well.....

remember: drink, drink drink.....and I pray that those estrogen you will be taking help you feel better....

blessings,

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.