Fears??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Fears???

I know nothing is 100%, and no doctor has a magic crystal ball. But lately I have this fear(nightmare?) that after my hyster the pathology comes back and I didn't have adenomyosis, and I had the surgery for nothing. My Dr suspects adhesions and the MRI states adeno, I'm in pain constantly . I guess it is because even though we have all the diagnoses, it is still "elective". WE are the ones who have to give the doctor the green light and go through with the surgery. My Dr didn't say you "HAVE TO GET THIS". Why do I feel guilty for wanting a better quality of life? For wanting to give my family a better mom, husband? Am I nuts??? UUUGGGHHH!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Fears???

Aw, a good many of us second guess our decisions, IMO. I think that you deserve a painfree life. It's called elective unless it an emergency; that doesn't mean that it's not necessary.

Try to let go of the guilt, your health and quality of life are very important. You deserve the best possible

S
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Fears???

Jean,
I never thought of it that way. elective vs. emergency. I also just hate it when female friends/co-workers say in response that I am "so lucky" to be having a hysterectomy no more periods etc.... Like I chose this. I really wouldn't wish this on anyone. The waiting and wondering is torture!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Fears???

Being scared and dreaming crazy dreams is just your sub-conscious dealing with what the fears are. I get the same from my gfriends "your SO lucky" I am!...but they just want to period to stop, I wanted the PAIN to stop!

Good Luck..
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:47 AM
don't know what I'm supposed to do

I'm 52 yrs old. I thought I already was menopausal when I was 47 yrs old. my periods stopped. was placed on prempo.
Moved. got a new doctor. He took me off prempo. starting in the year 2005 I began having periods again. Just had a pap (neg) biospy(neg) utlra sound (found fibroid tumors)
was told i need a hysterectomy and i must schedule it within one year. So here I am trying figure out what I'm suppose to do. I have such a blurred memory when she told me I am a high risk for cancer. So many questions i asked but don't remember the answers. Help!
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Fears???

I too have many new questions creeping up every day. I just found out my pre-op labs etc. are on May 30th for surgery on June 6th, without another visit to my doctor. When do I get to have my questions answered??? The day of the surgery???? YIKES!
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Fears???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyme123
I know nothing is 100%, and no doctor has a magic crystal ball. But lately I have this fear(nightmare?) that after my hyster the pathology comes back and I didn't have adenomyosis, and I had the surgery for nothing. My Dr suspects adhesions and the MRI states adeno, I'm in pain constantly . I guess it is because even though we have all the diagnoses, it is still "elective". WE are the ones who have to give the doctor the green light and go through with the surgery. My Dr didn't say you "HAVE TO GET THIS". Why do I feel guilty for wanting a better quality of life? For wanting to give my family a better mom, husband? Am I nuts??? UUUGGGHHH!!!!
I have some of the same fears but since the MRI did state adenomyosis as mine has that helped to ease my fears of doing this for nothing. I feel like if having the hysterectomy is what will help with my symptoms then that is what I need to do. Are you having your ovaries removed also or just your uterus and cervix? Also, which technique are they using for you?
DEE
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Fears???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyme123
I too have many new questions creeping up every day. I just found out my pre-op labs etc. are on May 30th for surgery on June 6th, without another visit to my doctor. When do I get to have my questions answered??? The day of the surgery???? YIKES!
you should really make a pre-op appt with your dr in his office and bring a list of questions to be answered.
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Fears???

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebee123
I have some of the same fears but since the MRI did state adenomyosis as mine has that helped to ease my fears of doing this for nothing. DEE
You are not doing this "FOR NOTHING". Even if it is something else, you are in pain. They just may have to get in there to find out why and help stop it. Knee surgery is elective, but does that mean folks shouldn't get new knees so they can walk? NO!! Quality of life is important. You are doing this to ease the pain and be able to enjoy your family and your life.

Shelly
Unread 05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Fears???

I think the same thing but at this point I will try anything just to feel good again. At least if I have this done and it doesn't work, I have ruled out one more thing.

I am ready to try anything to feel better and to improve my quality of life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register