HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

pelvic pressure & discomfort continues pelvic pressure & discomfort continues

Unread 05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
pelvic pressure & discomfort continues

I am still having this annoying pressure and discomfort in my pelvic area (from below belly button to pubic hair). It is difficult to describe, kind of like an internal heaviness. Is it bruising, or something else? I become uncomfortable quickly after walking or standing. I'm bending and walking just fine, but the pressure and discomfort persist.

Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this ongoing pressure after laparascopic hyst & bso?
I was prescribed two antibiotics to treat an infection and I thought this other problem would subside with that treatment, but I'm still not feeling as well as I think I should.

I'm becoming a little paranoid thinking something has moved or dropped or pressing where it doesn't belong.
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:13 PM

This recovery took me 9 weeks to feel normal inside. It has not been that long for you, but I know this is a frustrating recovery. It takes a long time for our insides to feel lighter...

Go to the thread, "Depressed over swelly belly" and you will see how many of us took a while for that feeling to get better. We are all there with you.

I think a hysterectomy is a hysterectomy and it is a 2-month recovery, even if it's laparscopic. Anyway, that is what I am seeing a lot on here and it took 2 months for my abdomen pressure to subside and I still get it if I eat salty food. Bloat very easily and have hard scar tissue. My scar tissue has flattened out some and gotten less pinchy since my doctor told me to lightly massage it, after healing for 8 weeks.

It will get better, just know you will feel pretty good by summer! Good luck to you and hang in there.
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:32 AM

Thanks for writing and the lead on the other thread. I forgot to mention numbness. Did you also have numbness that lasted for a while?

I feel a tiny bit better today, so I am hoping even if it is tiny, that I will feel progress. It is so frustrating to not feel any progress. I've had yeast infection, bladder infection, cervix infection and now I'm back to the yeast again since taking the antibiotic for the cervix. Ugh.
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:14 AM

I had my LTH april10th 2008, and I know exactly what you feel like ...I have these pains that hit all of a sudden right under my belly button all the way to my pubc area, my insicions don't hurt at all, just this area...I am still bleeding though and have been for 19 days. hope you find out whats causing your discomfort
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjo7
Thanks for writing and the lead on the other thread. I forgot to mention numbness. Did you also have numbness that lasted for a while?

I feel a tiny bit better today, so I am hoping even if it is tiny, that I will feel progress. It is so frustrating to not feel any progress. I've had yeast infection, bladder infection, cervix infection and now I'm back to the yeast again since taking the antibiotic for the cervix. Ugh.

You sound like me! I've had 2 bladder infections, a vaginal cuff infection, a yeast infection (caused by antibiotics), on Mon went to GP because my kidney is hurting so either I have another bladder infection or a kidney infection. She put me on another antibiotic and is waiting for my results to come back. Today I woke up and I feel like I'm getting a yeast infection from this antibiotic so a grand total of 6 infections! I agree it is early in your recovery so you will not feel 100%. You could be over doing it listen to your body and when you start to feel crampy rest. I've also been feeling the pressure so it could be due to the bladder infection. I hope you feel better!
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Have you asked your doctor about the bleeding? I think I waited and suffered too long before talking with the doc. I contacted him on day 19, then FINALLY on day 26, he prescribed two different antibiotics and two days later the bleeding slowed to a drizzle.

I became concerned about the "pressure" when the infection cleared and bleeding slowed because I thought it should have been remarkably better, but wasn't.

I hope you find relief soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlafay
I had my LTH april10th 2008, and I know exactly what you feel like ...I have these pains that hit all of a sudden right under my belly button all the way to my pubc area, my insicions don't hurt at all, just this area...I am still bleeding though and have been for 19 days. hope you find out whats causing your discomfort
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:53 AM

Wow . . . poor you! You'd think the doctors could eliminate all the complications with all that is available today - but no . . . I hope you find out what is causing your newest pressure and get relief very soon.

I know I need rest, but I feel like all I do is rest. Then, when I'm up and about for an hour, the pressure gets worse and I regret it. Then, I lay around and I have back and neck troubles. Oh, what a vicious cycle!

Thanks for writing and feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
You sound like me! I've had 2 bladder infections, a vaginal cuff infection, a yeast infection (caused by antibiotics), on Mon went to GP because my kidney is hurting so either I have another bladder infection or a kidney infection. She put me on another antibiotic and is waiting for my results to come back. Today I woke up and I feel like I'm getting a yeast infection from this antibiotic so a grand total of 6 infections! I agree it is early in your recovery so you will not feel 100%. You could be over doing it listen to your body and when you start to feel crampy rest. I've also been feeling the pressure so it could be due to the bladder infection. I hope you feel better!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.