HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Hernia Repair Hernia Repair

Unread 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Hernia Repair

I just had an incisional hernia repair. They went through the same vertical incision they had used for the hysterectomy. OMG!!!! I cannot take the pain. This is so much worse than the hysterectomy was for me. Any helpful hints??? I went to the doc today and he said it is all healing fine and looks good, I don't think there is any type of complication.
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Hernia Repair

I have to go in the morning at 9am to see if I have an incisional hernia. Did you experience burning and tender skin at the site of the hernia?

I had a lot of sneezing over the weekend and had pain all night one night. Woke up extremely swollen in one single area and now it burns. Especially when I sneeze or cough. It's like fire in that localized area.

I also have a bulge that doesn't fit well with the rest of my swelling.

I'm really scare about what will be found and if I'll have to go through what you have
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:09 AM
Hernia Repair

What made you think you have a hernia? I had a sneezing attack the other day, lots of pain and discomfort in abdomen since. Swelling on one side and not the other. Had TAH BSO 3 weeks ago. Everyone tells me I'm doing to much, I went back to work after 1 week and can't sit still while home. Just can't seem to find a happy medium, and now everyone has me concerned about every little thing.
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:04 AM
Hernia Repair

I actually woke up the morning after sneezing to a golfball sized area of swelling on my right side. Lots of throbbing/stabbing pains and burning. I called my doctor's office and the nurse said due to the area and my symptoms, it sounds like a hernia.

I honestly thought she was going to say infection or something along those lines. Hernia hadn't even crossed my mind until she said that. Now I'm scared silly.

I'll update later as to what is going on.
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Hernia Repair

Good Luck and please keep me informed. I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Hernia Repair

Thank you

I just got back. Doctor said it was likely either a pulled muscle, or the muscle was inflamed. It just happened to be in the very spot of the internal suture knot. He said the sneezing could have aggravated it, just take some advil and it'll go away in a few days.

HUGE relief!
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Hernia Repair

Wonderful, glad to hear it wasn't a hernia. Get lots of rest this weekend and try not to sneeze.
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Hernia Repair

Hi Pcc78 and Thistothat,
Pcc - I'm so glad that the doc thinks that yours is not a hernia! After my little vent the other day my pain is actually letting up and it's much better than it was. I guess I'm just out of patience.
TTT- You are doing waaaayyyyy too much!!!!! Slow down. I took it easy and did not exercise or lift anything and still ended up with a hernia.
With mine I had a golf ball size lump, went to the doc, he wasn't convinced it was a hernia, then the lump got to be about orange size, he still wasn't convinced it was a hernia. I wasn't having any pain, just this lump. He went ahead and sent me to a general surgeon who said, yep, that's a hernia. MY advice to both of you, slow down and keep an eye on your bumps.
Unread 05-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Hernia Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc78
Thank you

I just got back. Doctor said it was likely either a pulled muscle, or the muscle was inflamed. It just happened to be in the very spot of the internal suture knot. He said the sneezing could have aggravated it, just take some advil and it'll go away in a few days.

HUGE relief!
I had hernia surgery a year ago and had a TAH/BSO this past April. My doctor cut me right above the hernia incision and everything was fine. You know you have a hernia when you cough and the lump swells. For me, I lived with the hernia about year before having it repaired. They eventually get bigger and become annoying. It sounds gross but I could push it back in
when it real swollen. I am glad you don't have a hernia but the surgery was a piece of cake and was on an outpatient basis.
Unread 05-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Hernia Repair

Morning. Resting all day today and going to try to stop all the unnecessary things I do for now. Last thing I want is another surgery.
Have a great day.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.