Semi-Sunny Sunday May 18th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Semi-Sunny Sunday May 18th Semi-Sunny Sunday May 18th

Unread 05-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Semi-Sunny Sunday May 18th

Good morning BESTers

Had my coffee and homemade egg McMuffin. Scales are down a couple of those "puffy" pounds I packed on around Mothers Day. But not as good as I'd hoped.

Food should be OP today - lots of outside yard work for excerise.

Have a good one everybody!
M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2008, 10:55 AM

Hi Melissa & the rest of the BEST...
Just home from church...
Breakfast was fine - cereal with yogurt...nothing else since.
Lunch - veggie sandwich
Dinner - Pot luck at our ESL class tonight...who knows what wonderful cuisine we will have! I'll TRY to be good.

Ali
Unread 05-18-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi Melissa, Ali and everyone else!!

Slow weekend at BEST. We must all be out working on the Women's Challenge.
My food today has been OP, and I've gotten in my steps and posted them on the challenge.
So a new week has begun.

Have a BEST OP day! (What's left of it).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi

I am a long lost sister returning begging to be permitted back into the group....please?!

I have finally talked DH into taking me on a cruise next year for our 25th anniversary in October 2009. However we both have agreed that it would be wise for us to lose weight and get into better physical shape so that we might be able to enjoy ourselves to the fullest potential. As things stand now we are both very overweight and very inactive. We are concerned that we will not have the stamina to be able to do all that we would like to do in our current conditions. So here I am begging you all to help kick my butt into shape so I can go on my cruise and be the BEST I can be!!

I know that I have lots of challenges coming my way and that it's going to be tough! However I think I have pretty realistic goals so I feel confident that I will do just fine! This weeks goal is to cut back portion sizes and be mindful of getting in adequate amounts of water.

Looking forward to being back with the group!!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 05-18-2008, 07:03 PM

Dawn! Hello and back to the BEST group around. You know your always welcome back here! Cool on the cruise. A great goal to work towards. Post your daily eating and excerise challenges/successes here and then join us over on our CHATTER thead daily for everything else we want to yack about! Look forward to seeing you again!

I've met my Womens challenge this past week. It felt good. Tonights dinner was a bit salty so hoping it doesn't effect me too badily tomorrow.

Bkft: 1 egg, 1 slice cheese, 1 e.m. toasted NO BACON (homemade egg McM), coffee
Lunch: 1/2 begal w/oven baked chicken & swiss, iced tea
Dinner: 1+1/2 chicken burrito made w/ low salt taco seasoning, fresh lettuce, tomato, etc...
Snack: trail mix

Excerise was yard work - I got our our patio stuff, trimmed vines, and climbed up/down the 6' step ladder umpteen times.

Then.... DH comes home with ice cream? Good thing it's not my choice of treat. But then he pulls out a pound cake? I should beat him.

Have a good night all -
M.
Unread 05-18-2008, 07:34 PM

Welcome back Dawn!! It's good to hear from you again. Like Melissa says, start posting your eating and movement goals. Start walking each day. I still am without missing a day yet. I just passed my 5000th day on 5/5/08. Walkingn is great exercise and you can start out at a pace that you and your DH are able to do. Plus, you can do it anywhere.
Dawn, We also have a chatter thread in the Hysteritaville Clubhouse area. We have one for each month, then a new one is started and the old one closed. But we can chat about anything we want on the chatter thread. Here in the BEST forum, it needs to stay more on topic. Come join in the chatter thread too!!

I got my walk in, and then added exercise tonight moving flower pots to some sort of safety. It might frost tonight, and I don't want to lose all my hard work from the past week. DH was a real help with it too.

I'll check in tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register