HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Ovarian Cyst Rupture...how long before you feel normal again? Ovarian Cyst Rupture...how long before you feel normal again?

Unread 05-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Ovarian Cyst Rupture...how long before you feel normal again?

Hi All.... I had a cyst rupture almost 2 weeks ago. It was approx 3 cm and I was 11 weeks post op from a cystectomy. I have been having pain still & upset stomach so I had another ultrasound done on Friday which showed some fluid around the ovary and a 1.5 cm cyst. My question is how long does it normally take for the fluid to absorb and the pain to subside. I have been in daily pain for WEEKS and I am just at my end with it. Anyone have any idea on how much longer??? thanks!
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM

It's really hard to say, hopefully since the cyst has ruptured it won't be too much longer. I know that kind of pain makes one very uncomfortable. If it doesn't clear up soon you need to let your dr know. Has he given you anything to help with the pain. Keep us posted.
Lots of 's,
Carol
Unread 05-28-2008, 12:05 AM

Hi Carol, yes, she gave me Norco for the pain. It has been 2 weeks since the rupture and I spoke with her today on the phone and she said that it could be another week to 2. That just seems like such a long time. This pain has been more uncomfortable than the cystectomy that I had 13 weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone else has had rupture symptoms last 4 weeks????
thanks for the reply!
Unread 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM

(((Carol))) when my cyst ruptured( I didn't know that is what it was at the time) I went to the dr the next day. He done a vaginal ultrasound and we could see it bleeding, my BSO wasn't scheduled till a month later. I can remember being so miserable, I was bloated, achy and so miserable up until the time of my surgery. I think the 4 weeks is about right. You need to take it easy and hopefully it will get better sooner than later. I wish you the best.
's,
Carol
Unread 05-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Thanks again! What a bummer... I was hoping for much sooner. I will take it easy and rest as much as possible. Unfortunately, I was just back to work 2 weeks after being off for 7 weeks for the abdominal cystectomy when I started have severe cyst pain. It is hard to take time off or even complain about pain. It feels like people look at you like you are faking it. If they only knew the pain. But thanks again for the reply!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.