HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Video of Total Vaginal Hysterectomy Video of Total Vaginal Hysterectomy

Unread 06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Video of Total Vaginal Hysterectomy

Hi Everyone ! I am looking for a good website where I can view an actual total vaginal hysterectomy. Anyone know of one?
Unread 06-08-2008, 04:10 PM

gclemons,

There are some on youtube.com. I found one for my Da Vinci assisted surgery. I will warn you, however, that some people don't really need to see exactly what is done. For me, it was interesting and informative, but I think it was also "icky" (for lack of a better word) and gave me some heightened fear and worries - I don't know - just made it a bit too real. Anyway, search youtube and you'll find them there.

TANK
Unread 06-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Be careful when you watch it. That's what made me choose to have it done abdominally!!
Unread 06-08-2008, 04:52 PM

I just watched a TAH using something called Harmonic Wave Cauterizing(sp?) ?. Can't remember the complete name. MY dh watched a bit of it and said it was interesting by gross..I agree. But with this they made the incision what looked like above the bellybutton. I think because the mass was so big and they wanted to look at the other organs like liver, ect while there. ugh
Unread 06-08-2008, 06:24 PM

I AGREE, THINK TWICE BEFORE SEEING A VIDEO. I think it opens up a lot of the "what if's" that I am sure will not happen....

After my double hip replacements, someone I met at a doctor's office gave me a video of the procedure for one hip, made me want to faint...had I seen it first, I might have opted not to do it, glad I did, or I would have been in a wheelchair now..

Take care...
JJS (joan)
Unread 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM

I too seen a video of a vaginal hysterectomy and it was very graphic...beware!!!
Unread 06-08-2008, 07:16 PM

I don't plan to watch those videos until AFTER surgery, when I can't freak out about it!
Unread 06-08-2008, 07:54 PM

Ack! Well now I have to go look. I was doing so well avoiding them but now I just can't keep avoiding the temptation. LOL
Unread 06-08-2008, 08:28 PM

I watched a couple of them. For me it answered some questions that I had about the procedure (mostly curiosity things, nothing big) and it also helped me know fully what was going to happen. It is important to me that I know exactly what is going on. It is a bit graphic, but looking at it from a medical standpoint, it was ok. My BF also insisted on watching it so that he was more aware of what was going to be happening to me as well. We were both glad to have seen it before hand. I'm going in tomorrow and feel much better since I was able to watch them.
Unread 06-09-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank777
gclemons,

There are some on youtube.com. I found one for my Da Vinci assisted surgery. I will warn you, however, that some people don't really need to see exactly what is done. For me, it was interesting and informative, but I think it was also "icky" (for lack of a better word) and gave me some heightened fear and worries - I don't know - just made it a bit too real. Anyway, search youtube and you'll find them there.

TANK
Thank you !! My husband and I viewed an abdominal one. He said the surgeon looked like he was digging aroiund in a pocketbook!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.