HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Does anyone use the KY Beads? And there is another one, can't remember the name, for Does anyone use the KY Beads? And there is another one, can't remember the name, for

Unread 06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Does anyone use the KY Beads? And there is another one, can't remember the name, for

I have very painful intercourse. It has been nearly a year and half since my hysterectomy, in Oct. 2006. Actually , more than a year and half. LOL, time flys.

I am using Premarin Cream twice a week, but, still have painful , horrible , no enjoyment at all. I am due to go see my Dr. Friday. I am going to talk to her about it, again, but, I am wondering about the KY Beads, that you can use twice a week and is suppose to fix the problem. Would be heaven if true. There is another brand, over the counter , but, I can't remember the name. I don't know if I can use the OVC kind, plus my Premarin or not, but, I am desperate. I am not on any HRT . Just the cream. If anyone has any solutions, I would be sooo grateful. It is really depressing. Everyone says how great hysterectomys will be for your life, but, so far, I am not enjoying it at all. It's great not to have to worry about bleeding to death, which, I almost did, and had to have 4 pints of blood. So, I know I had to have the surgery, but, I am not having any fun at all .
Unread 06-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Does anyone use the KY Beads? And there is another one, can't remember the name, for

Hi Leigh49,
I am so sorry for what you must be going through. I haven't been released to do anything yet.... no sex. In fact I may have to go back to the OR. My ovaries have shut down due my surgery. I am using that Premarin Cream too, but 3 times a week. It's suppose to heal make my vaginal tissue thicker....I have some healing issues.

Anyways my MIL has told me about OTC Replens (vaginal moisturizer). My cousin recommended this too, her husband is a doctor. It's has no estrogen.

My guess is the doctor has to determine what is causing the pain so if it's dryness than the cream should help. But there can be other reasons too for your pain.

I am sorry about what you must be experiencing; sex should be enjoyable for everyone. Hope the doctor can help.

Take Care.
Unread 06-13-2008, 07:05 PM

i'm sorry to hear this has gone on so long for you. i am on HRT but very dry. I just tried the produce "replens"--you use it once every 3 days and so far have been much less dry. hope you get the help you need

tah/bso
49yrs
Unread 06-14-2008, 12:48 AM

Thank you all for your reply. I'll ask my Dr. about the Replens, if she thinks it is just dryness. After my surgery, we waited more than the time recommended before being intimate, and it was not good at all. Painful, and I got a bladder infection. So I had to go back to my Dr. She said it was probably because of dryness. I know some might be that I can't relax, expecting pain. Nothing feels the same. I was hoping it would get back to somewhat the way it use to be. I go to her on the 20th.
Unread 06-14-2008, 05:52 AM

Leigh:
My gyn/onc also recommended Replens.. They will not let me use any creams with estrogen because of the cancer... I will probably go get it, I was using the KY stuff, not the gel, but a liquid and it helps some, but I still have the soreness...
Hope you get some answers at your doctor appt.
Unread 06-14-2008, 10:54 PM

HI Leigh,
i have been using the KY Liquibeads, and so far so good, u put them in with a applicator. i usually use one once a week. i find that when i put them in just before bed cause they dissolve kinda quick and tend to leak a bit when your up and around. but if i put it in at bedtime it stays put. they sure do the trick for me, i really like that i can use it once a week & be done with it.
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:45 AM

i have the same problem, seems like i just will never be the same although it has inproved from a year ago.the premarin cream was giving me migraine type pains in my head so i switched over to vagifem twice a week , had to stop it a few times because of side effects but i have no problems using it now. it took a long time to work for me but unfortunately i feel that i am only 50% better off than i was a yr ago. at least i dont get the bladder infections, yeast infections, and burning that i was getting. it makes a year and a half for me also.i tried the k-y liquibeads and found that they helped for a day or so and then i felt dryer than before and had to wear a panty liner for a day. i tried the replens and seemed to work better but allways had little clumps coming out of me for a day or so that looked like little clumps of toilet paper. i tried all the lubricants and i found that they all burned and made me feel icky and itchy after. the best i could find to work for me is the vagifem twice a week and the KY silk-e vaginal moisturizer. i use it as a lubricant for sex and it works for me , but as you, i just wish i could feel normal there again. i also tried inserting vit e capsules and it did seem to help but allways thinking that the capsule skin would come out of me at the wrong time so it took away any spontanious thoughts,needless to say, no more quickies for us, seems like it all takes a little planning before hand now.i know for sure that i definately cant go without some sort of estrogen in that area, lubricants and moisturizers only acted as a bandaid for a day or so.it didnt fix anything, take care
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:55 PM

ooh yea, im also doing Bio Identical Hormones, so that may be why the liquibeads work so well, i feel like the hormones give me some protection against the dryness i would otherwise have without anything.
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Try the "Very Private" Intimate Moisture product sold here at HysterSisters store! DH did not like the KY Beads -- too sticky. Not complaining about the Very Private lube. I found it also at drugstore.com. Worth its weight in gold!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.