Strange vaginal cuff sensations and low back pain.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange vaginal cuff sensations and low back pain.... Strange vaginal cuff sensations and low back pain....

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Strange vaginal cuff sensations and low back pain....

I saw my doc yesterday for my 6 week visit and he checked my vaginal cuff. Its pretty much healed and looks good.
So whats the problem?
Well.....im tender inside. I can feel the aching and weird sensations at the cuff. Its causes me low back pain and tailbone pain.
My doctor said its all the nerves regenerating and that i have edema/swelling behind the cuff that will go away over time.
Anyone else have strange tingling and poking and low back pains too? Or told they have fluid as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2008, 10:11 AM

I don't have the fluid but I do have the strange sensations and the lower back pain. I do think it's pretty normal. My dr told me it could take years for the nerve endings to grow back.
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:13 AM

Hi! I am brand new and looking for answers when I saw your post. Was wondering about the back pain, can you be more specific if you don't mind? I am 4.5 weeks post surgery, not having any other issues other than lower left side back pain. Doctor did not think it was kidneys but that's the only thing I can think of in the area. It hurts to breathe too deep, cough, a sneeze is pure joy and hiccups. They gave me an Rx to see if it might be an infection and if that does not work (has not after three days) they will do a kidney ultrasound to check for stones. Do not know if that will be helpful to you, I had a failed vaginal and then they had to do a abdominal, ovaries remain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2008, 01:16 PM

My pain is low back and tail bone pain. I did used an icepack on my swelly belly and noticed that the pains got better a bit. Maybe the fluid in my belly presses on nerves in my cervix that cause the tail bone and low back pain.
I hope it gets better....
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM

Hey Michelle,

I'm sorry I don't know what is causing your pain but wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and I really hope you get some answers and some relief real soon.

Hang in there sister ... chin up!
Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 06-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Michelle,

I'm glad you posted this. I was just going to start a new thread on the "vaginal cuff" issue.

I'm 7 weeks and mine still bothers me. I have a strange pinching and tender raw feeling in my vaginal cuff. My doctor did an internal exam and said everything has healed great. I almost wished she saw something that would explained why I'm still having issues there. Today it is bothering me more than yesterday for whatever reason. The thought of sex makes me cringe. Does anybody know when you stop having discomfort in the "vaginal cuff"?

I have had low back pain since i awoke from my surgery. I would have thought having my large fibroids removed would have made my back pain better, but no, now it is worse.

This is not fun. I'm 7 weeks post op from a TAH, and I have a friend with stomach cancer that feels better than me.Its embarrassing. I'm shocked that I still feel so Yuck!

Sorry about my rant(another two steps backward day) .

lala
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM

I ovulated the other day and had pain. My doctor said it was normal. I also just drove today. I did hurt a little bit after...go figure.....
I just hope all the aches and pains resolve oneday.
My doctor said the vaginal cuff looks like grissel after the cervix is removed. They suture it up and it has to heal from all the irregular borders and edges. Yuck......
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Michelle,

Did your doctor say that it would always be like that or would it get better as you healed more? I didn't even think to ask my gyn about ovulating and pain etc - duh!!!!
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Doc said it could last each month or it could be temporary........
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM

Oh great ......................!!!!!! Let's pray it's only temporary if that was what it was!

Thanks Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register