I had a TVH last year..now need Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I had a TVH last year..now need Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy. I had a TVH last year..now need Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy.

Unread 06-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Unhappy - I had a TVH last year..now need Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy. I had a TVH last year..now need Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy.

Just when I thought the hysterectomy was all behind me, I now need a Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy. My surgery date is July 10 so I have very little time to prepare and learn the most important recovery and HR information.
I would appreciate any and all help.
I wish this site had check points for oophorectomy. I found them so helpful after my hysterectomy.
Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2008, 09:34 PM
I had a TVH last year..now need Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy.

Hi Judy,
I had a bso last year when I was 35 and I havent had to take any hrt . My dr wanted me to wait 3 months after my BSO to start takin HRT because of endo. So far I've only had a few hot flashes. Everyone is differant though so you may need it alot sooner than me. I will probably start takin a low dose in the next few months. It's so frustrating because you hear so many conflicting stories. It's hard to know what to do. I have to go back to my obgyn Tuesday to schedule a lap for adhesions and possibly endo. I'm so over all these surgeries. It seems to be never ending for me. This will be # 7.

Wish ya luck

Sherrie
Unread 07-01-2008, 03:42 PM

Judy,
I'm so sorry to hear that you'll be needing additional surgery. We do have lots of info here regarding hrt. You can start with the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

As to recovery time, that will probably depend on how your doctor is doing the surgery, ie: lap or open, and how much work he/she has to do once you are in the OR. While I had my remaining 1/2 of an ovary removed at the time of my hyst, I have had additional surgeries since the hyst. My personal experience has been that it takes me longer to recover with each additional surgery. I have learned the hard way to take extra time and to listen to my doctor and rest and recoop.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. We are here when you need us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2008, 07:25 PM

Hi Judy -

I had my left ovary removed last Monday via lap. Today is the first day I've felt somewhat like myself. I was up for most of the day and I'm pretty sore and swollen. I'm surprised how similiar the recovery is to my LSH last year.

Staci

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register