HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Possible Pelvic Inflammatory Disease? Possible Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?

Unread 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Possible Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?

I had a LAVH on June 3rd and my doctor has not been the best in the fact that she refuses to see me or answer any questions that I have so I am without information.

I bled the first 3 weeks post op and then developed a rust colored watery discharge with a foul odor. This weekend I started having a pink slimy discharge with foul odor. I have had severe pain in my lower back and hips along with nasua. My doctor told me that I just had heartburn.

So I called the nursesline tonight and gave my symptoms as soon as I was finished the nurse informed me that I needed to go to the hospital because of PID (Pelvic Inflammortory Disease.) I thought you could only get this as on STD, but she informed me that it can also happen after and invasive surgery. Is anyone else dealing with these symptoms?
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:39 PM

I wish your dr was being more proactive and assisting you during your recovery.

I do not know about PID (other than the fear I was given as a teen with possibility of developing from using tampons - protective grandmother).

I hope you are able to be seen quickly and start to feel better soon. *HUGS*
Unread 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM

I had a LAVH on July 24th and I have alot of the same symptoms - brown/rust watery discharge that smells like something died, low back/hip pain that drives me crazy. I have a call in to my dr's office and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm due for my 2 week check up on Friday but I just don't want to go 2 more days if I have an infection.

How are you now?
Unread 08-06-2008, 07:52 PM

I got PID from childbirth 14+ yrs ago. It was the reason for my hyster actually. I had aquired chronic cervicitis from the PID. Most PID is from an STD, but it can actually start from any infection in the pelvic cavity. My firstborn dropped his heartrate bad and in the ensuing chaos to get him out, somehow some bacteria was introduced up in the pelvic cavity.

The thing is with PID is that it can get very serious. I battled mine for over 14 yrs and then even after my hyster I aquired another MAJOR pelvic infection that resulted in another major surgery. My Dr believes it all stemmed from the PID.

So the moral of the story is, if you are worried about infection you should be agressive about having it checked out. Just my opinion but the good thing is if it is nothing you get peace of mind and if it is something you get to catch it early before it gets out of hand.

Good luck to you,

Starbgirl
Unread 08-06-2008, 08:34 PM

PID is a VERY hard thing to diagnose. It was my original diagnosis only now to find out that they were completely wrong. Anyway... for the 6 or so months that I thought that was my problem I got a lot of information. It is not only an STD disease....any woman can get it any time. It is VERY dangerous...the infections can be very hard to battle and can turn deadly. It can go from bad to very scary quickly...but I've yet to find out exactly how they prove or know for sure that is what it is.

Please let us know what happens

Blessings and Prayers
TANK

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.