HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Tender breasts after vaginal hysterectomy (kept ovaries) Tender breasts after vaginal hysterectomy (kept ovaries)

Unread 07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Tender breasts after vaginal hysterectomy (kept ovaries)

I have a vaginal hysterectomy on July 22. I did keep both my ovaries. THe surgery went weel, Except for extreme pain after (can not take anti inflammitory because of other issues). I am recovering nicely,still have some bleeding and some pain. My question is this...I have been notecing that my breast are larger and very tender. Is this normal after hysterectomy or is is just my crazy imagination?
Thanks in advance for help.
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:56 PM

I had the same thing. I first had it about two weeks after my TVH then again about two weeks after that. Each time has lasted about 4 or 5 days. I have decided that it is my body returning to its normal PMS cycles of every few weeks. Ugh.
Unread 08-01-2008, 01:44 AM

Yep I kept my right ovary and I still "cycle" I hate it! Plus I still feel tired alot I understand that because of my age dr wanted me to try and keep and use my own hormones..but I felt better on Lupron (except when I had sex then it was still bad, but that is MUCH better now!) So I guess its a balance? Good Luck and Happy Healing!
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:46 AM

I'm on week six after TAH and I've noticed that this issue keeps cropping up here....I think the consensus is that it is our cycle (minus the bleeding) that occurs on schedule (or off schedule sometimes).

With everybody, it seems to have disappeared like it normally do when we cycle....

Unread 08-01-2008, 06:27 AM

Thank you everyone for your repliew, IS everyone up all night around here. That seems to be a theme as well. I took an ambien last night and slept til 4 am that was great.
Unread 08-01-2008, 08:03 AM

Hi Silvermaple,

I have posted about this about three times in the last few days. I am three months post op and my breasts are hurting non stop now. They did hurt when I would normally get PMS after my surgery but now they don't give me a break at all.

My doc said it could last up to a year until my hormones balance out ... nasty! I am considering getting some progesterone cream to apply to my breasts at night. I have learned that, that will help with the insomnia too

I also can't sleep but I am a shift worker with the police department so that has been an issue with me for years. It is just so much worse now. I am resorting to taking meds as well but my body gets accustomed to those too. It is a never ending battle ... BUT I keep telling myself I could have REAL problems ... LOL

Great big hugs and I so hope you get some comfort soon!

Tracy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.