HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Bladder & Bowel Adhesions? Bladder & Bowel Adhesions?

Unread 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Bladder & Bowel Adhesions?

Can I say WOW and DOUBLE WOW , I just spent about 30 mins reading so many posts and OMG I am crying, you are all such strong women. I was wondering if I could ask a question.............my hyster was 2005 (for endo) I have another surgery sched for 8 -14- for adhesions and possibly more endo.

I have noticed that I am leaking a little,not sure if it is urine or what (sorry to sound graphic) What are the stents that have been talked about? My Gyno thinks that I have bladder issues (Maybe) and definite bowel issues (adhesion wrapped around bowel) I am very scared. My upper back hurts alot also. If things have shifted in there does that pull on the tubes that carry the waste from your kidneys to your bladder. You all sound like very wise women in here, again I am SO sorry that you have had to go through this awful time. I am thinking of you all, please take care LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS EMERSON
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Maybe I am in the wrong forum for this ?

I guess my question should be in another forum? Sorry
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:41 AM

Hi Emerson,

When you post your question as a new post in the forums, you get people responding directly to you, love.

I so hope you are doing a little better!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 08-01-2008, 10:04 AM

Hello Emerson
I am sorry I have not gotten back with you before now.

You said you thought you were leaking urine and that your back hurts. Have you had your urine tested for any type of infection?

As far as your bowel issues I would not be able to comment on since I have not been through what you are going through. I do feel for you ((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can explain the stents we have been talking about. They are used to keep your ureter open, which is the tubes leading from each kidney down into the bladder. The stents are a piece of guide wire, kind of looks like thick wiring in your house that has a coating on it. They are placed through your urethra into your bladder, up through your ureter and finally stopping in the kidneys. I don't know if each person's is shaped differently but mine was coiled at the end that was in my kidney so it would not slip back down through the ureter. The end that was in my bladder was curled in a loop so it would not slip out. They are put in place so if there was any damage to or around the ureter the stent would keep any swelling from causing the ureter to swell close. This way your urine can flow freely from the kidneys into the bladder. I sure hope that all makes sense.

Again I am sorry about not being able to comment or have any suggestions for you on the other questions you had. Without experiencing it myself I would not know.

As for the knowledge I have acquired, it honestly has not been by choice. It has come by what has happened to me through trial and error, a lot of internet searching, and the most valuable knowledge I have gained has come from this absolutely wonderful site HYSTERSISTERS!!!!!

Love and Hugs
Sassy
Unread 08-24-2008, 04:50 PM

Hi Emerson! I had a stent put in my right ureter so that they could identify it during my hyst surgery. There was a lot of endo and so they didn't want to hurt or injure the ureter during surgery.

However, its been nearly a year since my surgery and am now suffering with what very well could be Interstitial Cystitis (IC). My GYN said that a lot of doctors think IC is endo for the bladder. I'm just beginning to study about IC and its not a fun thing to deal with. The bladder spasms are awful and the pain can be atrocious! If you compare the symptoms between endo and IC they are awfully similar. Only a urologist will be able to tell me for sure if I have IC.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress. Sending you gentle hugs!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.