HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

LAVH Recovery LAVH Recovery

Unread 08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
LAVH Recovery

I had a LAVH on July 2nd of this year. I just found your website and wish I had found it sooner! I am still experiencing some pain below my left incision when I lift my leg to shave or even sometimes just moving on the couch. It is more like a pinching pain, not sure if this is normal at this point of my recovery? If anyone has info. I would love to hear. I was a little overwhelmed with my surgery never having a major surgery before.

I also read another womens story on your website that mentioned the day after surgery they removed her vaginal packing????? I am not aware of any packing and am concerned about that? Please let me know if this is normal?

Thank you for all and any info?

zoeykatz
Unread 08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
LAVH Recovery

Welcome Zoey!!!

I'm glad you finally found us! Everyone here is VERY supportive and caring. You will love it here. I promise.

I don't know anything about vaginal packing, but I also had an LAVH and am 8 weeks post-op. I was still having pain at weeks 4 and 5.

The pinching pain is more than likely where they "ended" the surgery and tied everything up and nerve endings healing. We've discussed that a lot here!!!

It's not abnormal to have that pain at all when coughing, rolling over, moving the wrong way, etc.

Hugs
jess
XOXOX
Unread 08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
LAVH Recovery

They removed the packing the day after my surgery, it was a mile of bloody gauze type stuff. I didn't even know it was in there and causing me so much discomfort, but when they removed it, it was such a relief.
Unread 08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
LAVH Recovery

Wow, I am confused as to why I did not have anything like that.....at least that I am aware of. I really appreciate the info. I have my 6 wk. post op appt. next week and will make sure that I ask. I have been uncomfortable and I automatically start trying to diagnose myself since it seems that my doctor did not give me alot of info. for post op recovery.

Thank you again for the reply

zoey
38 years
LAVH 7-2-08
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:03 AM
LAVH Recovery

Zoey, I am almost 6 weeks post op and I am still having pains and swelling. I had LAVH and I didn't have the packing at all. When I talked to the dr last week about stuff he said the pain was normal and that it would take some time!! I am so glad you found the site....this site has been a miracle for me. Love Beth
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:43 AM
LAVH Recovery

Hi Zoey,
Like most of us, we went into and out of our operations not knowing much. This web site has been such a blessing to me--for the knowledge and the support from outstanding women! I had a LAVH, BSO, and endo. tissue removed on June 20th, 2008, and I do get all those feelings you are experiencing too. It is normal. I know nothing of vaginal packing either. I never had an operatin before, and sometimes the reality of it all hits me, and I can barely breathe! MaryAnn
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:46 AM
LAVH Recovery

My doctor didn't give me much info either. Thank goodness for this site. I had a TVH.

Regarding the packing.... not everyone gets it. I asked her after the surgery when she was going to remove it and she siad that I didn't have any, that I wasn't bleeding much at all. So it must depend on how much you are bleeding.
Unread 08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
LAVH Recovery

Thanks to all the sisters who answered this email. I had vaginal packing that was taken out the same day and it does depends on the bleeding after surgery. I had LAVH on June 30th and did walking as soon as I was allowed to. As for pinched pain when shaving believe it or not I have tried several different positions and ways to shave my legs and laying down. The pain just starts to subside as the weeks go by. Just don't give up it will get easier with time.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.