HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Lower back pain after sex and problems with sex Lower back pain after sex and problems with sex

Unread 08-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Lower back pain after sex and problems with sex

Hello Everyone,
I am knew to HysterSisters. Before I had my hysterectomy I was complaining about pain during sex, my doctor told me I had fibroids. I had a partial hysterectomy about five years ago, after I had the first hsysterectomy two years later I had to have a complete hysterectomy, because I was still hurting after having sex. After that about a year later I had to have a bladder and bowel tuck. Now, I am still hurting, but only after having sex the lower part of my back hurts for maybe two or three weeks or longer. I have been to several OB/GYN doctors and they cannot found anything. I was told it was scar tissue, I went to a Neuologist he told me it was my sciatic nerve, they gave me steroid shot in my lower back, and it did not help, I just got big. I still have the same problems, hurting in my lower back after sex, no orgasms, no sexual desires, sleepless nights, and not able to feel anything during sex. Somebody pleasure give me some advice.
Unread 08-16-2008, 08:05 AM

My sister has problems with her sciatic nerve and she goes to a massage therapist every three weeks. The therapist is great - I go to her, too - and my sister really feels she is a big help. My sister stands on concrete floors for twelve hour stretches so she puts a lot of strain on her back every day at work.
Unread 08-16-2008, 09:03 AM

I am so sorry that you are in pain. The massage therapist sounds like a great idea to me.
Unread 08-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi and to Hyster Sisters!

I'm glad that you found this site so you can get support and benefit from experiences that others have had. You aren't alone in what you are experiencing so hopefully by sharing what has worked for us you'll learn of something to help you, too.

The medical terms used on this site may be different than ones you've seen elsewhere. Here's a link to the abbreviations you'll see used on this site: Abbreviations.

So that we can best reply to your concerns, it would be helpful to know exactly what surgeries you have had and when you had each surgery. A total hysterectomy is removal of the uterus and cervix. A partial hysterectomy is removal of just the uterus. Removal of both ovaries and both fallopian tubes is called a Bilateral Salpingo Oophorectomy, or BSO. If the cervix is removed in a separate surgery it's called a trachelectomy. The date in your profile should reflect the date that your uterus was removed regardless of whatever else was removed at the same time.

Is the pain you are experiencing now different than the pain which you experienced before your first surgery? At what point did you start experiencing the lack of orgasms and no sexual desire? Did you have your ovaries removed and if so, are you using or can you use hormone therapy?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions but the answers you give will help us help you. It would help if you would take a couple of minutes to complete your Member Survey, too. That can be done here: Member Survey.

We look forward to hearing from you again!

s

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.