HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bleeding 2 weeks after laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy Bleeding 2 weeks after laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy

Unread 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Bleeding 2 weeks after laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy

I didn't have any spotting after 2 days home from hospital. But 1 day before 2 weeks post-op I started spotting and was told by doctor to stay off feet until it stopped. Five days later went to doctor, was told this is normal and could last 2 days or 2 weeks. Bleeding has not decreased. Has anyone else had this happen?
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:40 AM

I did have my cervix removed, so this may not be relevant, but I was told to expect some discharge at about two weeks out due to the healing process. Maybe the stitches start to disolve and some irritation occurs? I am just guessing. Mine has started right on schedule today, but its not much blood - just panty liner spotting. I go tomorrow for my first check, so I will get my questions answered then. Anything of interest and I will, of course share.
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:40 AM

I also had LSH. Do they think this is the 'mini-period' that we can have with LSH? I havn't had any bleeding yet but I am only 2 weeks post-op. Did you over-do or lift anything heavy?
Unread 08-19-2008, 12:17 PM

i bled quite heavy about a month post op from my lsh..clots and all. my dr checked me (had an internal) and said all was fine..and unless i was soaking a pad an hour..not to worry about it. i dont remember how long it lasted..but i havent bled since and dont have mini periods.
Unread 08-19-2008, 12:23 PM

No one told me about post op bleeding. But this is not unusual as I haven't been told much and no one from the doc's office has called me since I left the hospital. Is this an absolute? For the first time in over 2 months, I am not wearing pads and it's heaven. Is that likely to change for some reason?
Unread 08-19-2008, 01:11 PM

You can possibly have spotting or bleeding while you are healing. But if you have to change a pad every hour, that is when you need to seek medical help. If you KEPT your CERVIX, there is a chance of having "MINI-PERIODS", but you shouldn't bleed as heavily and not as long. I had a TAH with everything removed except ovaries. I experienced a light pink spotting around 2 weeks, off and on, but was not concerned about it because I knew there was alot of internal healing going on. By my 4th week it was gone.
Unread 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM

I had the 2 week spotting issue as well. I just got home from doctors, from my two week post op appointment. She said it was just healing or possibly the "mini" period. I just spotted for two days. Like I almost could have not even wore the pantyliner. I hope it either stays this way or goes away completely. I can handle this, but no more!!! I had a LSH on Aug. 4th and kept my ovaries, tubes, and cervix! I hope your bleeding is not too bad on you.
Unread 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM

Did drive a straight shift vehicle, just a few miles, a few hours before spotting started. OOPS! Bleeding worse 1 1/2 days later and through day going to doctor. Two pantishields through day and 1 at night. On day went to doctor wore a maxi-pad, ran 2 errands. Had to replace maxi in later afternoon. Today haven't done alot and still have same maxi on. So more activity more bleeding. Doctor said could last 2 more days or 2 weeks, no way to know. Thanks for all the help.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.