HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Closed Thread

Orgasm After Hysterectomy Orgasm After Hysterectomy

Unread 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Orgasm After Hysterectomy

Hello, I'm a newbie and am nervous about my upcoming hysterectomy!

My reasons for a hysterectomy are major bleeding and clotting for, sometimes, weeks at a time - but no pain (during sex or otherwise).

My concern is losing my ability to orgasm as hard and heavy as I do now (Upcoming TMI: I'm a squirter). I've read on here other women's fears of orgasms becoming lost or non-existent and also the great feedback that not all (or even a lot of) women lose their ability, but that they have even better orgasms than before. But from reading all of those posts, I haven't heard of anyone that squirted... I'm tempted to even cancel the hysterectomy if I lose this!

Does anyone have experience in this, or know of others' outcomes??
Unread 08-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Sorry I'm not a squirter, but I would love it if I could.

As far as the big "O" goes, mine is better than ever. Now it didn't happen right away. It took a few months of trying. I had small ones at first then over time they got bigger and better.

Not having aunt flow anymore is TOTALLY AWSOME!!!

Now I can have sex anytime, anyplace and any where! YEA BABY!!
Unread 08-20-2008, 06:56 PM

"squirting" is nothing but urine loss during orgasm..I know NASTY knowing that now huh...I was all about it till I learned exactly what it was. I'll stick with my O's =0P
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Sorry, I don't agree with you, Kit. I've had orgasms before I started squirting, and from then, to the ones I have now, I'm not just urinating on my DH. I know the difference.

But that wasn't really what I was asking - I was asking the women who *have* squirted whether they were still able to after an hysterectomy.
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:45 PM

oh well I dunno..Im just giving the medical thing and they clam hysterectomy don't prevent it so you should still be good.
Unread 08-21-2008, 05:30 AM

my orgasms are the same as before my hysterectomy in all ways. i did keep my ovaries and cervix..i dont know for sure if that makes a difference.
squirting is not urine..its a proven fact.
Unread 08-21-2008, 06:27 AM

Curious about this as well! Since remarrying, I have thankfully discovered this ability. I don't know why it wouldn't work as it is a stimulation of the g-spot that causes this and not the cervix.

I will not argue what it is or isn't, but I will say I am not purposely having a wee on my husband! There are various studies on the consistency and there is or can be urine mixed in, but then I bet a regular orgasm could contain the same. Either way I hope it still works and guarantee the hubby does too!

Stacy I guess we can be thankful we have more than one option and hopefully both work after surgery lol.
Unread 08-21-2008, 06:32 AM
squirting

Not a squirter though after my hyst my vaginal secretions have not changed. Kept ovaries though and I think this is a major factor. Those hormones are important. Also orgasm is good 9 weeks out from surgery but I do not get the flush in my face or chest that I did. The sensation is still good though and I am working on it hopefully things will improve. I think the blood flow is different though. I also was told by my gyne that as long as the ovaries are in the vaginal secretions will not change.
Unread 08-21-2008, 07:45 AM

Hi All,
A very interesting Q I havn't seen yet, good for you for asking Stacy!

I had surgery last OCT. I was able to squirt before surgery and after. The only difference I felt was that I was not that interested in sex for about 2 months afterword, but now my libido is back to normal.

The best thing is not having heavy periods anymore and because the fibroids were removed I can sleep all night without having to get up and go to the bathroom.. I didn't even suspect the fibroid was causing this, even thought the doc asked many times.
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davinci817
Stacy I guess we can be thankful we have more than one option and hopefully both work after surgery lol.
I hope so too!! This has been causing my DH and I some serious discussions. I was tempted to opt-out of the surgery if squirting was something that went away... Maybe not a good idea, but I think it's THAT important.

Good Luck to you, BTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallaLilly
A very interesting Q I haven't seen yet, good for you for asking Stacy!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallaLilly
I was able to squirt before surgery and after. The only difference I felt was that I was not that interested in sex for about 2 months afterword, but now my libido is back to normal.
I have HOPE!!

And thanks for the answers I've gotten so far. It gives DH and I something to talk about... Please don't stop posting!
Closed Thread

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.