HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

What do my  insides look like now? Will Sex... What do my insides look like now? Will Sex...

Unread 08-23-2008, 04:42 PM
What do my insides look like now? Will Sex...

Okay, it's been a very very long time since my hysterectomy (it DOES get better, hang in there) and I have not had sex since my hysterectomy. But when I do... I am wondering what he will feel. Will he hit a wall? Or is it all empty inside me and he will be "lost in space"? Is there a diagram of my insides after the hysterectomy? I had EVERYTHING removed. Thank you. Please put my mind to rest about this concern. Terry in Missouri

Unread 08-23-2008, 04:54 PM

All I can tell you is that I haven't had any complaints.
Unread 08-23-2008, 05:48 PM

Everything has been ok for me to. No complaints, no pain, no bleeding, it's all good.
Unread 08-23-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeinmiss
Okay, it's been a very very long time since my hysterectomy (it DOES get better, hang in there) and I have not had sex since my hysterectomy. But when I do... I am wondering what he will feel. Will he hit a wall? Or is it all empty inside me and he will be "lost in space"? Is there a diagram of my insides after the hysterectomy? I had EVERYTHING removed. Thank you. Please put my mind to rest about this concern. Terry in Missouri

Yeah I wonder the same myself. I know how I felt inside before so I'm feel myself as soon as dr tells me it's ok with my own finger. Sorry if thats to much information. It's been on my mind alot. I'm having sex as soon as Dr tells me it's ok LOL!
Unread 08-23-2008, 05:56 PM

Terry,
It should feel like normal for your partner. (What ever that is for a man) Think of your vagina like a tube sock. Since your cervix has been removed the top will be like the seam at the toe of the sock. Your partner may bump into this if he is very long, or he may not. He will not be "lost in space". If you are very curious and you are comfortable you can use your finger to find out what it's like at the end.
Unread 08-23-2008, 08:45 PM

There is a really good little quick video I found on YouTube. It's "cartoon" ish so it won't quease you if you can't take blood and guts. Go to YouTube and search on:
PreOp® Patient Education: Hysterectomy Removal Uterus 2
There's also a version with a 1 at the end that shows the beginning of the procedure.
I searched Total Abdominal Hysterectomy to see if I could find video on it a few weeks ago. Some of the "live" ones of real people are unaccessable. There are videos on this board, too.
For the record, my hubby tells me he feels like he's NOT bumping into things anymore. My uterus was tipped and I think my cervix was actually falling down in some...which is why I had cramping and aches the day after sex before surgery.
So far, so good, now...no problems, no banging into anything;-)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.