HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

well today is it....work....a little scared, nervous, and anxious. well today is it....work....a little scared, nervous, and anxious.

Unread 08-25-2008, 08:16 AM
well today is it....work....a little scared, nervous, and anxious.

Well today will be my first day back to work. I need to calm down, my stomache is in knots, meaning I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT. I plan on wearing my belly band, and not letting anyone push me around. I work from 12 noon until 4pm. for the firat 2 weeks. Right now my hands are shaking just thinking about it. If I keep this up with my nerves I am going to make myself physically sick. I am doing some deep breathing to try to calm down. I don't feel confident about returning because of being so fatigued. But it has been 8 weeks and the Dr. has said for me to return at 8 weeks when I seen him at 6 weeks, so now is the time to return to society. I wil take it easy and rest as often as I need to. Depending on how I feel when I get home, I will let everybody know how it went. I guess I better go make myself some breakfast so I have something to eat before I go in. Good luck to any of the ladies that are returning to work or going to work today.
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:31 AM

I think once you get there you will be back in the zone! Sometimes the transitions are harder than the actual thing we are worried about. Don' worry you will be fine! I am not going to the 1st day of school because I am not ready---but I am happy for you that you can get back to real life! You go girl!
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:47 AM

I can understand why you are nervous. I work in retail management. The work can be really physical at times and stressful. I am not so much worried about the physical part or starting to be really busy going in the holiday season. My nervousness comes from having to be around so many people all the time. Between employees and customers I'm not sure if I am up to that challenge. Right now I am having a hard time dealing with being around people. I just want everyone to leave me alone. I'm only at week 4 right now, so hopefully by week 6 these feelings will start to subside.
Unread 08-25-2008, 09:40 AM

You are going to make it!

I'm nervous, too, about going back to work (tomorrow). I'm a schoolteacher and the students have had a sub for about a week.

I guess the nervousness is normal. That's because we want to do well. Be gentle with yourself and remember -- you aren't 100 percent yet. Good news is you only have to work half days. That was smart of you!

Take care and let us know how things went.
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM

I'm sure you'll do find once you arrive to work. Going back 1/2 days was an excellent idea. At least this way you can transition into the work environment. I had my surg 07/18 and will be having my 6 wk post-op ck-up Thur. I am going to ask my dr if i can also return 1/2 days, atleast for one wk to get me back into the groove of things. Like you, I am also very fatigued when doing too much and fear not being able to handle a full days work.

Please let us know how you did at work today. I am very interested in finding out. Also, please let us know what type of job you have.

Talk to you soon and good luck to you...
Unread 08-25-2008, 12:07 PM

You'll do just fine. It's just worry and that's normal. Say hey later and let everyone know how you did.

Blessings

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.