Finally Cath Free and now in much pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally Cath Free and now in much pain Finally Cath Free and now in much pain

Unread 08-08-2001, 04:15 PM
Finally Cath Free and now in much pain

Hi Ladies!
I am 5 weeks post-op. I have actually needed to straight cath myself for all 5 weeks now. I went to bed last night and didn't wake up once! I got up at 8:00 and went to the bathroom pretty much normal. It has been like that ALL day
BUT, now I have terrible pain in my back on the left side and some pain across the abdomon. I cannot figure this one out. It doesn't burn at all when I urinate, no problems at all going. Any opinions out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2001, 04:24 PM

Why did u need a catheter for so long? Is everything ok? as far as the pain, I'd call the dr., may be a kidney infection? deb
Unread 08-08-2001, 05:23 PM

Hi Deb,
I had bladder repair done and it just took this long for my bladder spasms to stop so I could go by myself. Nothing else is wrong. Its just the pain I am concerned about. I was hoping it was a normal thing, but is any of this normal LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2001, 05:46 PM
5 weeks with a cath

I am just 1 week post op... total hyst with bladder repair also... and the cath is already driving me nuts. I am so looking forward to going in this coming Tuesday to have staples removed and hopefully the cath. I just hope I do not have any problems that I will need to continue with the cath. Although I will be happier being able to straight cath myself if thats the case... better than hauling this bag around.

Is it normal to have bladder spasms that long?

Did you give the Dr. a call and find out what the back pain may be related to...
Unread 08-08-2001, 05:58 PM
finally cath free and in much pain

hi,sue marie. i wish i could offer a suggestion as to why you're experiencing pain so long after the procedure. i had my cath out the next day,and had a UTI to take home with me. i still have a slight fever each day. i had a TAH on 7/24. my staples were removed on 7/30,and my scar looks not too bad. it's just this temperature that hangs on; it's not more than 99 degrees at its highest point,and i've finished the Cipro the doctor ordered. i'm drinking cranberry juice. no problems with my waterworks,just this fever thingie. it's quite hot here in philly,about 98 degrees outside,with a heat index of 103!!!!! did you run a fever in the hospital,and later at home???? doctor said it's no big deal if it stays under 100.6 degrees. hope it's nothing. don't want to see the inside of any hospital any time soon!!!!! for any reason!!!! my TAH was for uterine fibroids,and carcinoma in situ(cervix). hope you start to feel better. check with your doctor about the pain. doesn't sound right to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register