Having surg. again! 9mo post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having surg. again! 9mo post op Having surg. again! 9mo post op

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Having surg. again! 9mo post op

Looks like I am facing surgery once again!

I had LAVH, kept both ovaries in Dec. 2007. I have had on and off problems with sexual relations with hubby, cramping and light bleeding. I had two ultrasounds, one in April that showed an area of hemotoma which was gone at May ultrasound. Thought I was in the clear. Nothing seemed to get any better. Next Dr visit he said I had granulation tissue that he used silver nitrate on. Things got a little better. Upon next exam I still have two red areas on vaginal cuff, could be a falopian tube, or part of bowels. Could also be endo that has grown in cuff. Vaginal cuff is very painful to touch.

Anyway, now I am looking at laporscopic surg. to see what is going on. Has anyone had an experience similar to this? Or know anyone that has had this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM

Frostbite: I am so sorry to hear that you will have to go through surgery again. I myself haven't experienced this, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 09-03-2008, 03:34 PM

frostbite, You are not alone in this and granulation of the vaginal cuff is very common. If you do a search in this particular forum you'll find many posts I believe of other ladies who have experienced this before. I have not specifically had the vaginal cuff issue but I did have a hematoma at about 2 weeks after my surgery because I was stupid and vacuumed a small section of my living room that was driving me nuts!! Can you say STUPID!!!

Anyway, do a search...undoubtedly you'll find some good answers. Otherwise, I'm sure some of the ladies who have experienced this will come along and respond!

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress!

Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM

frostbite - I had to have another surgery also. Mine was closer, 13 weeks after my first, but still, it was tough! I was having granulation issues that I was being treated for. My Dr thought I might have the fallopian tube thing and he wanted to do the exploratoy lap. I asked him to just try the silver nitrate first. Well, turns out I did have granulation and the silver nitrate was working BUT I should have had the lap becasue it would have shown my other lurking complication. No chance for a re-do here, but my opinion is that as tough as it is, going through the lap might be the best thing. I know that the general consensus is that if the granulation is very tender than it is more likely to be the prolapsed tube. Better to know than to not and if it does just turn out to be more extensive granulation, they can remove it while your under and you will finaly be on the road to recovery!

Hugs to you,

Starbgirl
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement!
Unread 12-16-2008, 08:26 AM

Frostbite I know this is a year later but maybe you can help me.I posted last night hoping to find some answers.I have had granulation x2 now and still not healing.Had very very bad pelvic pain.I have left ovary so we thinking ovulation pain.Having pain on right side too and there is no ovary there.But had pelvic exam yesterday and I nearly flew off the table.Oh my word I thought he was poking me with a flame.Dr has no clue now so he is sending me for a CT scan. What were your symptoms and what happened afterwards.Thanks for you help.
Unread 12-16-2008, 08:33 AM

Protea,
I don't have any answers for you, but you might consider posting a new question so more people see your question.

I'm so sorry to hear you are still in such pain. It has been a rough road, I'll give you that. I still don't feel 100% yet myself, and the sex is painful, although we only tried it once.

I know what you mean about pelvic exams.I hate those, but the good thing is once you're done w/ all this and get it resolved you will never need another pap.

I hope you feel better really soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register