Emotional roller coaster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional roller coaster Emotional roller coaster

Unread 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Emotional roller coaster

I feel like such a baby, but I am having a terrible time after my BSO surgery! I had the surgery 14 days ago and I am anxious & jittery, I feel like I am on the verge of crying alot of the time and it takes me a long time to fall asleep, or I sleep and then wake up for awhile. I am nauseated and have diaherra today. No appetite either (which could be a good thing because I need to loose about 25 pounds).

I went for my two week check up yesterday and I am healing fine. It's all this other stuff that is driving me crazy!
Is this just post-op stuff you have to deal with????? or am I loosing it?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Emotional roller coaster

Hi Dorothy,
Some of the symptoms you are having could be hormonal, and are fairly common following the removal of the ovaries. Symptoms of mood swings, inability to sleep and being anxious and jittery can be signs of hormonal fluctuations as your body uses up its stored reserves of hormones and recovers from surgery. I would call the doctor about the nausea and diarrhea.

Are you using anything for hormone replacement? You can read more hormones in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

Unread 09-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Emotional roller coaster

Yes, I am using Estratest HS and the doc just added Estrogel on Monday. I also use Vagifem, but I have not used that since my surgery. Don't know if I can since it is inserted vaginally. Anybody know the answer to that?

Also, does it make a difference what time of day you take your HRT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Emotional roller coaster

Dorothy,
Vagifem is used for vaginal dryness, if you're not experiencing that right now I would hold off. If you are, I would check with the doctor before using.

The time of day you take your hrt can make a different. Although there is not one time of day that is the best time for everyone. You may need to experiment and find what will work best for you.

You really are early post op. It can take some time for things to settle down.

Unread 09-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Emotional roller coaster

Thanks Kim, I know it is early post op. I guess I have to learn patience. LOL! I am just trying to gather info on this "hormone jungle" thing and I am jumping the gun. I appreciate your patience with me!!
I went to the dr office this morning for some fasting blood work and the nurse said to hold off on the vagifem for another couple of weeks. Don't really have to worry about the vaginal dryness thing, cause sex isn't even in the picture at the time and no dryness is bothering me right now. Maybe I will be one of the lucky ones and not have an issue with that.

Thanks for all your advice. I love this website! It is so fantastic to have this. I wish this would have been here when I had my hyper in '89.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register