HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

bleeding 8 months post lsh bleeding 8 months post lsh

Unread 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
bleeding 8 months post lsh

I had a lsh on dec 27, 2008 and have been consistently having "mini periods" they usually start out the chocolate
brown and range from pink to bright red lasting from 2-7 days at a time. I have had cryoablation of the cervix twice, and pap was normal, no infection causing it. I am set to have a consult next friday with my gyn who did the lsh to set a date to remove the cervix. Has any one had the cervix removed later ? Did you have any problems with bleeding after removal of the cervix? Any changes in sexual performance (drive, feel, orgasms) ?
I had the lsh for constant bleeding which turned out to be
endometriosis (only found during the lsh) and I am really upset that even after the lsh I am still bledding.

If anyone has had this happen, or knows anything about it, I would appreciate it.
Unread 09-13-2008, 09:10 PM

Sorry to hear that you have to have another surgery! Do not worry,having your cervix removed will not affect you sexually. I had everything removed and I haven't had any bleeding at all post op. Once all the worry and all the bleeding stops everything will be better than before! HUGS, and take care.
Unread 09-13-2008, 09:38 PM

Hi Charlie's angel
Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm sorry it's looking like you will need to have your cervix removed. If you do a search on the site for trachelectomy you should find threads where it has been discussed. There are a lot of women around who have had them done.

I went ahead and had my cervix removed with my hyst because I didn't want to have to deal with the possibility of more bleeding. I've been pleased. Personally I don't feel I notice any difference sexually. I know there are different stories out there, but I've talked to a lot of women who have said that same thing. I wish you well and hope it all goes smoothly.
's, Rita
Unread 09-13-2008, 10:08 PM

I had a LSH 5 months ago and have a mini period. It's been coming every 23 days then I'll spot for 5 days exactly. Last month I got it after 29 days and it lasted 5 days exactly again. My surgeon wants to go in and burn the cervix from both sides going in through my abdomen again. I just don't want another surgery right now though. I had the hysterectomy and then I had spine surgery. I'm just starting to feel like a normal person again healing up from all of these surgeries. I'm going to just put up with the spotting for a while. It's not much I can just wear a pantyliner. Plus I also know that my ovaries are working since my mini periods are very regular. If If the bleeding starts getting heavier then I'll have to have him do the surgery.

Let us know how it goes with having your cervix removed.
Unread 10-16-2008, 08:13 AM

update on 8 months post lsh and still bleeding

I am now almost 10 months post lsh and still having problems. I went back to my gyn who did the lsh to talk about having my cervix removed.He told me I would have to be off work afterwards for 3 weeks at least and not be able to do anything during that time period. I have a 2 1/2 year old that I am potty training and would not be able to hold him? Besides who can take off of work for three weeks this close to Christmas?
I thought that sounded a little strange since a girl I work with had a total vaginal hysterectomy and was back at work in 10 days.
I work at a Doctor's office and could go on light duty (just answering the phone) but he said it would be to risky for me to pull a stitch and have internal bleeding if I even bent over wrong.
Long story short he talked me into having the cervix cauterized (he cauterized the top when he did the lsh) from the bottom up and doing a leep procedure to remove the rest of the endometrial tissue from my cervix.

I am now 15 days out from the cauterization and have bled fresh bright red blood until yesterday. I called the doctors office and they said that is normal for this type of procedure. HOW CAN THAT BE NORMAL I HAVE NO UTERUS AND HE FRIED MY CERVIX !!

To tell the truth I don't think he knows what is going on, and he didn't sound like he had removed to many cervix's he said he has only had to go back in a remove one (he only does lsh).

I'm thinking about following up with another doctor that has done more of this type of surgery or at least does vaginal hysterectomies since they remove the cervix.
Unread 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM

I am really sorry that this Dr still hasn't resolved your issues and I would be looking for a new Dr if it was me.

Good luck

Katy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway