HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

three months post op and swollen and sore belly three months post op and swollen and sore belly

Unread 09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
three months post op and swollen and sore belly

I am three months from hysterectomy and ovary removal. I have noticed my belly seems to be more swollen, and since I have regained all activities and even moved some furniture a few weeks ago my stomach is sore again. My doctor said I needed to take it easy for awhile and this was normal, but my stomach looks like I am four months pregnant and carrying the baby low. No matter how much I diet and exercise it gets worse, it almost looks like I have an extra belly button in between my belly button and incision line. Help!
Unread 09-22-2008, 11:59 PM

I had my surgery June 10th and am exactly the same way. My stomach feels bruised inside still and I look pregnant. Everytime I get back to doing everything I did before it seems to flair up. I am sorry you are going through this but glad that I am not the only one. All the Dr keeps telling me 'it's normal'. Well I am getting pretty sick of 'normal'.
HUGS
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:06 AM

I would get sore and swollen after a day of activity after my tah/bso. It would get better after some rest. Moving furniture can be very strenuous
Listen to your dr and try to ease off some for awhile. My dr told me that although initial recovery was usually from 6 - 8 weeks, complete recovery could take up to a year or more.

S
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:14 AM

Thank you taylora for responding. It is very frustrating and very depressing going through these changes. I have also had hair shedding with this and my doctor said it was normal with the hormone changes, but I don't have to like it. I have also had some dissolvable stitches work their way out. I feel like I am starting to become a whiner! I hope you get feeling better and glad to know I have someone out there that understands what I am going through. I am sorry that you are having these issues also though.
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:20 AM

Thank you jeanus, I know I shouldn't be doing those things, but was feeling better. I got a good scolding from my husband when I told him. He has been great and very helpful getting me through this. I have been taking it easy since it has put some scare into me. I lost about fifteen pounds since the surgery yet feel like I am bigger then ever!
Unread 09-23-2008, 07:44 AM

Aw, hang in there
I had those sme feelings when I was newly post-op. It seemed that I would never feel normal again. But it did get better day by day.

S
Unread 09-23-2008, 12:35 PM

I am eight weeks post op and I feel the exact same way.
Unread 09-23-2008, 12:39 PM

hi. I am so sorry that you are all having these problems, but I am relieved to find you as I just entered a question myself for pain and swelling four months post op. My stomach is so swollen it feels like a bowling ball. My lower back is screaming, and when I roll over in bed, it almost feels like my oblique muscles in my waist are straining as they are bouncing the bowling ball of swollen-ness. My sister in law is five months pregnant and I look more p.g than she does. The doc today said that it will take up to a year and i probably have scar tissue and then he said ' you were never going to win a beauty contest anyhow' I wanted to punch him in the nose with that comment.

I am so uncomfortable, he gave me a prescript for 800 mg ibuprofen and said to wear support underwear. I guess I am just going to be the poster girl for spanx. I hope it gets better soon as I would like my life back.

sorry to vent. thanks for listening.
Unread 09-23-2008, 03:29 PM

I know, I bought spanx the other day to wear to my son's wedding in November. I feel like I will be the heaviest person there. I can't find any dresses that fit or look good and I feel like I am just a mess. And no matter how hard I try to make myself feel better such as new highlights and cut, etc. I feel like I am making myself worse! I am the same as you with feeling like I am carrying a bowling ball! I would not like that comment from a doctor. I would have told him he would never marry a beauty contestant.
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:57 AM

It has been 15 weeks since my TAH surgery and I am shocked that I am now experiencing pain for the last several weeks. I got the free and clear from my physician at 10 weeks to anything I did before the surgery so am riding my bike and working out and working as a flight attendant. I am glad to know that others are experiencing the same "set back". Perhaps the nerve endings are growing back that were severed during the surgery and I am feeling now what was numb before. Gracieux

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.