HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

I don't think I got the procedure that I ask for. I don't think I got the procedure that I ask for.

Unread 09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think I got the procedure that I ask for.

My dr. was supposed to use mesh to hold everything from falling after removing uterus but I recently watched an online video of that surgery and noticed the 4 bullet holes that I have heard you ladies talking about. I don't have those. He said he used mesh to cover a buldge in the back wall of the vagina but is that going to hold everything up ? I only ask because I have still have constipation and and now the all new bladder leakage. I have been worried that something else had fallen so today I finally got up the nerve to put on a glove and check and guess what....there is something there that shouldn't be ! Now I am worried. Is my dr. trying to mislead me? Anyone else having this problem ? Thanks everybody .
Unread 09-28-2008, 09:25 PM

I think the four bullet holes are from a davinci robotic hysterectomy? I could be wrong because I havent had it. But when the ladies on here talk about having 4 incisions they have all had a Davinci Hysterectomy. Hopefully some of these ladies will come on here and reply.
Unread 09-28-2008, 09:43 PM

I had a TVH but none of the repairs you had. If you had a TVH, you won't have any external incisions because your hysterectomy was performed vaginally.

Even though your surgery was in July, you may still have some swelling. Of course, always call your doctor to find out for sure what's going on. Please let us know what you find out.

s, Deb
Unread 09-28-2008, 09:48 PM

Thanks Kelly, I have no idea what the Davinci is but these holes were on her bottom area. Just trying to figure out if it's even possible that I have support in there without that type of procedure. I feel so silly that I don't know for sure. I research everything to death before I do anything but I didn't put this together until I seen the online procedure.
Unread 09-29-2008, 06:13 AM

Sunset - can you ask for copies of your medical records for this procedure? I think legally you have a right to have it, it's just a question of putting in the request...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.