HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Side effects of Efudex used intravaginally to treat dysplasia Side effects of Efudex used intravaginally to treat dysplasia

Unread 09-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Side effects of Efudex used intravaginally to treat dysplasia

Hi All! I am new here. On August 1, 2008, I had a radical hysterectomy as a result of cervical cancer. In March 2007, my pap smear revealed abnormal cells. My Oncologist treated the dysplasia with Efudex one time a week, for ten weeks. If my memory serves me, I recall experiencing some nausea and fatigue. In August 2008, abnormal cells were detected once again. I am currently preparing for my 5th week of Efudex treatment. I am experiencing nausea, body aches and fatigue. I reported these symptoms to my Oncologist and was informed that I should not be experiencing these side effects. I know that I am not crazy. I know what I am feeling! Is there anyone out there who has or is experiencing these same side effects as a result of using Efudex intravaginally. I would certainly like to hear from you!!!!!!!
Peace and love - geelean
Unread 09-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Since your hysterectomy was a while ago, you might find helpful information in the links below for your post-op hysterectomy needs.

Find help with menopausal symptoms with or without hormone therapy in the Hormone Jungle.

If you have concerns about your bladder, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues may be of help to you.

The HysterSIsters has a place to discuss and gather support for Sexual Dysfunction post-op hysterectomy.

For other long term complication support needs of a hysterectomy, check out the Road Less Traveled forum.

Hysteritaville Fitness forums have support and clubs to help you get back in shape, encourage you to exercise and eat right!

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ. Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We hope you will find HysterSisters to be helpful to your post-op hysterectomy needs!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:12 PM

Hi Geelean!

I hope that you can find someone on this site who has experiences to share with you.

You're welcome to post a new thread over on the Cancer Concerns message board as that's where you will be most likely to meet up with anyone who can relate.

Enjoy exploring the rest of the site, too!

s
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:45 PM

to Hystersisters!

So sorry to hear that you are dealing with VAIN (vaginal interepithelial neoplasia). Several of us here have had issues with VAIN, but not many have been treated with Efudex (5-FU).

I did find an old thread where a couple of members complained of more systemic symptoms while using Efudex (similar to yours).

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=145095

I hope that helps you by knowing that you're not crazy--others have had similar responses. If you are continuing to have these symptoms, I would suggest you speak to your oncologist again.

Good luck! Please let us know how you're getting along!

Jeanine

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.