HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Mushy uterus

When my doc came in the next morning she asked me if i was having any pain with my periods and i said no. she said that my uterus was mushy. by the time i could ask her what that meant she had changed the subject and headed out the door. I'm sure she'll tell me more at my post op but if anyone may know what this means please let me know. Im very curious right now.
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Mushy uterus

I could be incorrect but mushy I am assuming is like boggy. Check to see if she mentions adenomyosis.
Unread 10-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Mushy uterus

When my doctor visited me the following morning, he also mentioned the "boggy" uterus. I think he put that in his surgical report, and put a question mark after with the adenomyosis remark. The pathology report didn't come back with any comments about adenomyosis, so I'm not sure about it.

I had an endometrial ablation about 13 months prior to my hysterectomy, so I wondered if that had something to do with the "consistency" of my uterus.
Unread 10-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Mushy uterus

From what I understand the ablation should not change the consistancy of the uterus other than thinning everything but I've heard that if you have an underlying condition an ablation can make it flare up.

the endometrial biopsy done before the ablation does not deep enough to be able to get a sample of adenomyosis if you have it. At least that's the way I've understood it.
Unread 10-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Mushy uterus

Hi Cat1k200. Sounds like adenomyosis. My understanding is that this is where cells that should be lining the uterus invade the uterus wall instead. Over time they create the "boggy" or "mushy" uterus and the adenomyosis causes loads of other symptoms that just get worse the longer it goes on. There is no cure for adenomyosis other than surgery. So if it was adeno, then it just confirms that the surgery was the way to go for you (as it was for me). Happy healing. Dont forget to

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway