HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Partial hysterectomy; ovary pain now Partial hysterectomy; ovary pain now

Unread 11-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Partial hysterectomy; ovary pain now

It has been a while since I've been on. I am 34 years old and I had a partial hysterectomy in May 2007. I still have both ovaries. Recently I have been experiencing pain in both ovaries. I have more pain in the right one. When my period time rolls around of course I have no bleeding but I have everything else - headaches, bloating, nausea, dizziness, and I am very emotional. I cry all the time. Now I am experiencing nausea everytime I eat - even when I eat a small amount. This happens even when it's not the time of my invisible period time. I have an apt on November 18 with my doctor. Of course I will tell her all of this. What should I expect? Ultrasound? Medicine?
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:51 AM

U/S first- to see if you have cysts on the ovaries- they will do it often to check and see if they are going away- or getting bigger- bloating etc is all symptoms of cysts- good luck and keep us posted
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:20 PM

Hey leah, good luck with your appt. your symptoms sound typical with alot of others. We actually had our TAHs aroudn the same time. Mine was 5/7/07 and I let the Dr take one ovary. Since then I had an abdominal cyst removal in Feb. My pain started but wasn't that bad. She did an office US after quite a few questions. The cyst was 13cm when it was removed. I have ultrasounds every 3 mos. because of continued pain and my cyst was an per. inclusion cyst. you will probably get lots of questions, an US and BC pills to try if the cyst is under 6cm. Best of luck
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Thanks for your reply. Talked with my obgyn by phone and she thinks its my gallbladder. She is sending me to a GI on Wed. to get checked out. Personally I think the pain is too low for gallbladder. My obgyn wants to rule everything out first. I see my obgyn in two weeks. Did your dr. think gallbladder too at first?
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:25 AM

I had a partial hyster May 2007. I am now experiencing pain in the area of my right ovary. Everytime I eat (even a small amount) I get nausea. I am dizzy and have headaches. My obgyn is sending me to do all the GI stuff this Wednesday. I think the pain is too low for it to be my gallbladder. I am so frustrated - I just cry all the time - I think my hormones are out of whack! Any encouragement?
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:30 AM

She thought & still thinks it is anything BUT results from "her" surgery. I have had a 2nd opinion by an Oncologist that was in my cyst surgery ( he said it is ovary pain), my old primary who left practice in June said it was ovary pain, new primary says it is ovary pain, a pain management dr. said it was ovary pain and now I am going to a GYN in San Francisco next week for his opinion. Basically she said that i had severe adhesions and that she would not do surgery on me again because it was beyond her experience. So it seems like she knows that it is adhesions or ovary pain and she wants to point it to anything but something that she has to deal with. I just want someone to fix it and get off all of the pain meds that just make life bareable. I want to be drug free and back to exercising when I want! I hope you have better luck than me!
Unread 11-11-2008, 04:41 PM
pain in the area of my right ovary

I had my gallbabber out about 3 years ago and the pain was NEVER down that low, it was actually between my shoulder blades and right below my breast bone (on the right), but radiating pain can go many places. With my gallblader, as soon as I would eat something that had any fat in it, I would need to go (run) to the bathroom and it got to the point where even eating broiled chicken caused unbelievable pain, as if an alien was trying to get out my back.
Did the Gyno do a sono and internal exam? The internal sono will show a cyst very quickly, and the pain I currently have is a soreness and ache low on my right side. It is not as big as the fibroids I had, which did make me nausea and dizzy and have headaches. I think this is due to the "presser" caused by the cyst isn't as high as the fibroids (yet). Hang in there!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM

I know how you feel. My hormones drive me crazy too! I cry all the time. I'm not on any meds at this point but I'm sure that will change soon. Say a prayer for me - I go to GI tomorrow to check out the gallbladder. Fun, fun! I feel in my heart that it's my ovaries. I begged her to take them out when she did my partial. She said that they looked to good to take out. I'm so glad I have people like you that I can talk to. My hubby does not understand. Question: Please tell me all your symptoms you were having?
Unread 11-11-2008, 05:59 PM

First of all.. good luck tomorrow. Please post and let us know how it goes. My first symptom was PAIN...I had pain almost every day and then I had pressure and felt like I was going to lose bladder control. Then I had surgery. After surgery, I had pain alot and the dr. thought it was recovery. At 6 weeks I had continous pain and she agreed to do an ultrasound. There was a complex cyst. I have had NUMEROUS since then and a CT scan. The cysts are gone but I still have pain. For symptoms, I have had pain, IRRITABILITY, moody, anger, nausea, lack of appetite (i have lost 15lbs since Feb and i am not big to start with), impatient, pain, did i mention pain.....I cannot do anything without lots of pain. The more activity the more pain and I take 200 or so of Ultram a day. I was taking Norco since Feb but I started having reactions. with this much pain meds, I would have thought I would be pain free but I am not. I really do wish you good luck tomorrow but I think you are right and it is not GI related.
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM

Thank you so much! Your an angel! I'll let you know something tomorrow night. Thanks!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.