HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Tumor Fever

Has anyone had experience with this? The past three nights my temp has risen above 100, the highest has been 101.8. I sleep well, no other symptoms of infestion, etc. I called my doc today and he said it sounded like Tumor Fever. Now I wish I had made him explain that to me on the phone.

The most I can find is that it is a fever induced by toxins when the cancer cells are dying????
Unread 11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Tumor Fever

Sorry to hear that you are going thru this, but from googling it sounds like it might be a good thing? Everything I saw on tumor fever related to when the tumor dies, or becomes necrotic. The dead tissue then causes infection and the fever. Seems like something like ibuprofen pretty much takes care of it.
Unread 11-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Tumor Fever

I have never heard of it - but those explanations are making me want to have a fever!

The title of this thread makes me think of 'disco fever' - so I'm playing some BeeGees for you, to bring down your fever (or maybe Andy Gibb - I always liked him better...)

Has the fever gone away yet? If disco music is making it worse, I can play something else...
Unread 11-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Tumor Fever

Unfortunately I gather it is not a 'good' fever. It is a result of the death of cancer cells but the higher death is due to a faster growth. I'm still struggling to get a date set at Fox Chase and hope to get in their soon?

How are you doing Wolfie?
Unread 11-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Tumor Fever

Oh, I'm so sorry. I misunderstood I was hoping that maybe your new diet was knocking the tumors right out.

I hate the waiting that comes along with this disease. I had about 1 1/2 months between the time I found out Doxil didn't help, and the time I was finally able to get into my cancer center - but that was mainly due to insurance issues. It can be so stressful - and stress does not help with our tumors. The good news is that once you get in to the cancer center - I believe things will move relatively quickly.

I am doing alright - the IP Taxotere is knocking me on my butt (I am exhausted!) but I should only have to do it weekly through Thanksgiving. It gets me out of participating in the food preparation at least There is always a silver lining somewhere...

Please let us know as soon as you get your appointment. I can't wait to hear what they decide to do for you!
Unread 11-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Tumor Fever

Quote:
Oh, I'm so sorry. I misunderstood I was hoping that maybe your new diet was knocking the tumors right out.
Wolfie, that is what I first thought because the fever started the same time as the new diet, but my physicians assistant friend is not so optomistic. Would be nice, yes?

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and most definitely put your feet up. I'm hoping this IP therapy will kick that cancer right to the curb.
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Tumor Fever

Although I don't know anything about tumor fever, my prayers sent out on your behalf tonight. It makes sense to me the new diet is kicking cancers *** and that's what's causing the fevers. Let's believe!!

Kerry
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Tumor Fever

Faith- I hope you can soon get in to Fox Chase and get on something that will blast those cancer cells forever. Darn it, I was hoping it was a good thing about the tumor fever.....and, maybe it is, maybe your new diet won't allow any more of those pesky cells to grow. I'm hoping for the best for you. Keep us updated.

Hugs,
Unread 11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Tumor Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfirst
I'm still struggling to get a date set at Fox Chase and hope to get in their soon?
I was wondering if you'd heard from Fox Chase yet. Hopefully, that will happen very soon. In the meantime, I'm choosing to think positively about this fever and everything else.

Continuing to pray for your healing!
Unread 11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Tumor Fever

As of Friday Fox Chase still had not received written confirmation of insurance approval and they won't schedule without it. I received my own copy in Saturdays mail dated Nov 7, a whole week later. So it took them two weeks to approve the request and another week to get the papers to me. !!!! Will call again Monday.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.