HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

I don't think it was worth it I don't think it was worth it

Unread 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't think it was worth it

So, I'm over two months post op from LSH/BSO and am in about the same level of pain as I was pre-op. Of course now the pain is just in a bigger area instead of just my pelvis. Now I'm also going through menopause symptoms and hormone fluctuations that are throwing off my thyroid functions. So, the only thing I don't have is bleeding. But in place of all that I have a fluid leak instead. OH YAY! Seriously? Can someone please tell me that all of this is worth it? Is all of this eventually going to go away? Am I going to be back to some kind of normalcy or am I going to have to deal with all the new stuff for the rest of my life? At least before I knew what I was dealing with. Now...it's just a guessing game.
Unread 11-16-2008, 10:01 PM

Hello Ginger,

Well, not sure I am one to answer that question, but I am still in pain and I am 2 years out. I still have my ovaries though, so that is helpful...or not as I have cysts that I am having removed in a couple of weeks.

I do think we need to look at the positive side of things- we are still alive. lol...it is true though.

Keep your head up, and try not to think it was a wrong choice because you cannot go back on it now and will only cause you to get upset.

Unread 11-16-2008, 10:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling great.

I had an LSH two years ago. The pre-during and post-op moments were great, for me. I look back and wonder why I didn't have this done earlier. My experience was 100% positive.

I hope that you will feel better soon. Think positively, it does help.
Unread 11-17-2008, 07:31 AM

it sounds like you need some tests done to see whats causing your pain. if youre in the same pain you were in before the surgery, it sounds like the problem wasnt solved with your hysterectomy. what does your dr say?
Unread 11-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Ginger,
I so sympathize with you, I to am having trouble feeling better after my hyst, I am wondering, did your Dr say how your surgery went? My Dr told me that my 18 week uterus was adheard to my bowels and bladder, disrupting those organs can cause pain and take a little longer to heal, right after my hyst, my bladder refused to work for 3 days, and it still hurts to have a BM, definatly contact your Dr and let him know of your pain, I am really bugging mine because my right side hurts so bad, he is finally ordering tests because I was'nt going for the "You just went through two major surgeries" response any more.
Good luck and keep us posted.
A big and My prayers for you

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.