HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

BiEst or TriEst Cream?? BiEst or TriEst Cream??

Unread 08-16-2001, 02:51 PM
BiEst or TriEst Cream??

I was wondring what you gals think about the BiEst verses the Triest?? Was wondering why some use the TRIEST and some use the BIEST.
blessings
Unread 08-16-2001, 04:15 PM
BiEst or TriEst Cream??

tri-est has estrone in it, and bi-est doesn't. my pharmacist says estrone is stored (and maybe he said made ) in body fat, so he recommends triest to really lean women, while those of us with more padding seem to do well on biest.
i take biest and am doing real well. except for occasional brainfog
i guess it's whatever works for you.

susan
Unread 08-16-2001, 04:26 PM
BiEst or TriEst Cream??

Yeah, like su says, the omentum actually makes estrone--but it's also quite harsh--more metabolites, more questions about cancer, and so, bi-est seems the way to go if you're "padded." Estradiol can convert as needed to the other two. Estriol is milder, but also apparently less protective.

If I were trying one, I'd try bi-est first.
Unread 08-17-2001, 06:27 PM
Biest vs Triest

The triest was the original formulas started for NHRT. It is 80% estriol, 10% estradiol and 10% estrone which was the pattern of hormone the physicians found in younger women and thought should be replaced after menopause. All women have a pool of estrone in their body fat. The more fat - the more estrone. There are theories linking estrone metabolism to higher cancer risk. Premarin is 40-50% estrone whereas a Triest is only 10%.

In general a Biest is stronger because it is 20% estraiol and no estrone. This is good for killer hot flashes, but could cause more headaches, breast tenderness, fluid retention or weight gain. In my practice we recommend Biest and Triest based on the individual woman's symptoms, surgical history and family history of cancer.

Hope this is helpful
Unread 08-18-2001, 06:26 AM
BiEst or TriEst Cream??

And actually the bi-est that I use in troche form (just to confuse you further) is 90/10. 90 percent estriol and 10 percent estradiol. The ratios of the different estrogens can be altered depending on the woman. I'm in a high risk ovarian cancer/breast cancer family so my doctor put me on the lowest estradiol possible...but to still give me relief from those symptoms.

My sister...who has had a few breast biopsies and is watched for her symptoms (and is a hystersister also without ovaries like me) is on straight estriol based on her doctor and her own compounding pharmacists suggestion.

Check with your doctor. Its so great that compounding can offer to each woman an individual plan...based on her needs.

I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 08-18-2001, 07:30 AM
BiEst or TriEst Cream??

Hi everyone, hey thank you SO much for the info. Makes sense to me. I guess I was a little worried about the fact we make Estrone and are getting it also from prescription and was wondering if we really need it added. I have NO family history of cancer of any type, so guess I could stay on the estrone safely although I might lower the percent but then that makes the others higher . I was also wondering if the estadiol some how gives one more energy seems this is not the case only gives us more side effects if to high. I have no hotflahes hardly at all, and when I do they are so easy to get through, but I get really tired, irritable and feel depressed if not on Estrogen(low dose, I cut my dose in half cause was retaining to much water) the Progesterone is so calming and it has really helped my thyroid, first time in 30 years they cut my Thyroid med. in half and I get it rechecked next month. The Progesterone has really helped with retaining water also. I want to make sure I have myself covered for the long run *health wise*my bones, brain etc. etc. as the years go by. SO you all answered me so well, thank you so much.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.