HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Community Central > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Closed Thread

CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

Unread 12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

I am 50 years old, and my favorite toy, although I didn't personally own one, was the Easy Bake Oven! My cousin owned one and we played with it whevever we visited her. My sister and I made up for the fact that we didn't have the oven ourselves by buying the packages of Easy Bake food (delicious!) and cooking it over light bulbs in our basement. When we ran out of Easy Bake foods, we cooked whatever we could find: crackers and water (yum), frosting or cheese--This last one we cooked without a pan, and started a fire! Ahhh... childhood....
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM

I'm really telling my age now(49)

When I was 5 we moved to a larger home with a basement.

That is when I recieved my first Barbie and Ken. Ken had a buldge in his privates..figured out what that was later........... Their legs and arms did not move....man I wish I had those dolls now, they would be worth a fortune!
...anyway, they came with two cases that held them and their clothes, with hangers and a drawer to hold what ever would not hang up.
Barbies case was pink, I don't remember what color Ken's case was. Ken's case was alot smaller than Barbies was. Of course he only had one set of cloths and shoes...Barbie had 3 sets of cloths and shoes ......and boy did she ever change her outfits alot!!!! As I got older I would use my allowance to buy Barbie new outfits. Each outfit came with a hanger! She soon ran out of room in her Pink case so I saved my allowance of one dollar a week to buy her a more roomier wardrobe closet. This new closet was a 'double wide'..haha It had two wide sides that would latch together to make one case.....Different shade of pink.
I remember using large match boxes as drawers for Barbies shoes, belts, hats, gloves...or whatever would not hang on hangers neatly in her closet.

When I entered high school I took 'home ec'...I learned how to sew and guess what I made....yep....Barbie clothes!!!

Barbie had it all...even a wedding dress that I made.
My mother bought me some silk and tafita.....I learned early on that you never want to make anything out of these two materials....But Barbie had her wedding dress and her veil....she did not have white shoes, she had to wear her gold slippers that came with a night gown.... they had 'fluff' on them!

Barbie married Ken many times over.
Poor Ken ended up with 3 sets of clothes, all suits. Black Tux, blue checked suit and a red and white striped suit that was similar to one that my Dad had. Poor guy always had to wear his brown loafers.

I would set Barbie up on the small landing on the steps to the basement.
I had Skipper, Barbies little sister..of course she had to have a case and clothes too...
I made furniture out of match boxes.
My cat, Fluffy, would lay on the landing with me and watch me dress and re-dress Barbie, Skipper and Ken...

Gheez what happened to all that stuff? Maybe I need to get up in Mom's attic?
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:14 PM

Does anyone remember the "Liddle Kiddle" locket dolls? I collected a new one every Christmas until I had a whole set of them! Yep - mom still has pictures of me at age 7 beaming proudly in my homemade haircut and too-short bangs, grinning that toothless grin with those wonderful, gawdy lockets hanging around my neck on those bright yellow, plastic chains with my newest liddle kiddle inside!!! I'm 47 now.

My liddle kiddles spent their lives with me as my Barbie babies (pre Kelly era). I remember my dog chewed the tiny hands and a leg off of my favorite one. I just pretended it didn't happen. She was still beautiful to me! (And Barbie kindly never mentioned the terrible accident either!)
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:23 PM

my favorite toy were my barbies and little kittles. My friends and I would play all day with them. What a great memory!
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:23 PM

OK here goes. I read the entire post, and so far I'm the only one!

I'm 45, and my favorite childhood toy was a pair of 6-shooters!!! Yep, dainty, I was I remember, when I was really small, playing with them, and seeing the kitty under the end table, and thinking "Oh yeah he's a bad guy!" and putting that gun to his little furry forehead & pulling the trigger! He sat there until I was done, looked at me like I was nuts, then ran off under the couch
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosswoman
OK here goes. I read the entire post, and so far I'm the only one!

I'm 45, and my favorite childhood toy was a pair of 6-shooters!!! Yep, dainty, I was I remember, when I was really small, playing with them, and seeing the kitty under the end table, and thinking "Oh yeah he's a bad guy!" and putting that gun to his little furry forehead & pulling the trigger! He sat there until I was done, looked at me like I was nuts, then ran off under the couch

That's funny. I remember my father buying me a bb gun when I was 10 and how much I loved to shoot in on our property at all the different targets..he also took me hunting and let me shoot a double barrel shotgun and I could not move my arm for a week. My Mother wanted to shoot him...lol...but we were 3 girls and I guess he wished we were boys at times...lol
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:02 PM

My favorite toy was my baby doll. She has a soft body with a plastic head, arms, and legs. I got her when I was a toddler and she was my constant companion for many years. When I first learned basic sewing as a little girl, I made little dresses for her. She had long curly golden hair until my brothers kidnapped her and cut off her hair. After that I made little bonnets to match her dresses so no one could see that she didn't have any hair.

I am 50 now and I still have her. Susie sits in her baby carriage guarded by another faithful old companion of ours - Red the hound dog.
Unread 12-03-2008, 06:57 AM

i am 41 years old. one of my favorite toys was lincoln logs. the huge set with the really long ones so you could build a big house. i remember me and my little brother would fight over the long ones since we thought you had to have them to make the best house. my mom wouold make us take turns using the long longs. now for the naughty part of me...i got so mad at my brother because he had the long logs and i wanted them (i dont remember whose turn it was, but i probably was his), so i took them and broke them in half on my knee! bad, i know, but my young brain thought, if i cant hae them, he cant either. i didnt think far enough ahead to know that neither of us would ever have them again if i did that. oops! not one of my prettier days, but it was still one of my favorite toys.
Unread 12-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Favorite Toy Memory

The first that comes to memory was when I was around 5 or 6 years old. I used to play with my cousins who lived down the street--there were five kids in the family. I remember walking my Chatty Cathy in my stroller, while my cousin who about three years older than I would walk her baby sister in her stroller. We had to wait for her baby to fall asleep for her nap before we could "play". Little did we know that we were actually having some of the best play times together while we were waiting for my baby cousin to take her nap.
Unread 12-03-2008, 09:08 AM

I will be 38 years old tomorrow (yikes!) and my favorite childhood toys were Star Wars toys! I think I was about 8-10 when I was into them. My sister and I would make them furniture out of legs and we would set them on the record player and spin them around!

My younger sister is 35 now and still has some of my old toys as she inherited my obsession and never grew out of it!
Closed Thread

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.