HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Incredible hip pain after removal of ovarian cyst Incredible hip pain after removal of ovarian cyst

Unread 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Incredible hip pain after removal of ovarian cyst

I had a vaginal hysterectomy June 23rd. Ended up back in hospital with kidney infection 4th of July. Dr.'s thought my ureter was kinked. Seemed okay on CAT scan. Discovered end of July that I had a cyst on left ovary that developed after hysterectomy. Went from 3cm to 8cm in 3 weeks causing an ovarian torsion. Had the cyst and left ovary removed August 22nd. Since the removal of the left ovary, I can't lay on my left hip, it causes major pain. I can't step on my left foot to go up a step first, I have to use the other leg. I can't cross my left leg over my right, or lift my left leg towards the right to put a sock on. Has anyone else had this problem after surgery? I didn't know if the torsion had caused some nerve damage? I have an appointment with an orthopoedic doc on Monday to see what's going on. This has been a nightmare. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I've been to the chiropractor, seems to help for a few hours, and had a couple of massages thinking it was muscular. Thanks.
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Hmm, i wonder if they damaged a nerve while they were in there? The only other thing I would suggest is accupuncture. A good one can target the nerves, that might help...
Unread 12-05-2008, 12:08 AM

Brwneyes10
I have been experiencing the same type of pain on my left side since my RSO / left cystectomy in Nov 05 which has recently gotten worse. I had US done 2 days ago which said the ovary was normal....so now I'm looking into seeing a general surgeon for possible adhesions causing some nerve entrapment. I can't sit for any length of time or sleep on my left side. It hurts to bend over.
I hope you are able to get some answers soon. I may also look into accupuncture.
Nancy
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Re: Incredible hip pain after removal of ovarian cyst

I am experiancing the same exact thing!! Did you ever find out what was happening?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.