HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Hysterectomy in your 30's Hysterectomy in your 30's

Unread 12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Hysterectomy in your 30's

I forgot to ask, are there any younger ladies in their 30s having a hysterectomy on this post? I appreciate our older sisters, but let me know what your situation is that is warranting a hysterectomy at a young age. I have three fibroids, the biggest of which is an inch and is protruding into my uterus and have symptoms of heavier menses, cycles come around sooner (every 21 days), and a feeling of pressure. I am also anemic and on iron therapy.

Sometimes I look at those that seem to have more serious problems than me and I question whether my situation really warrants a hysterectomy, or maybe it is just anxiousness and the double-mindedness that comes with that. I hope I do not need a serious chill pill before surgery (LOL). My mom had fibroids and did the "wait and see" and hers grew very big over time and she had to have an abdominal hysterectomy. I definitely don't want to follow in her footsteps, so I am trying to be more proactive before problem turns into something bigger.
Unread 12-01-2008, 08:42 PM

bj9473

I am 29, and having my hysterectomy tomorrow. I have had a lot of concerned reactions to my situation. I had two children, through the use of fertility drugs, and c-secs. Still however everything has prolapsed. I don't have fibroids, or bad hemmoraging. I do either spot for months on end, or when I strain lifting, sex, or upright for any long period of time, or have nothing for months, after months. I am on Premarin already due to low estrogen. Possibly the cause for the severe prolapse? I do have a friend who is 31 who was to have a hysterectomy last year but was postponed... she has severe fibroids and needs a abdominal surgery. She does look pregnant.

Nerves I think are common. My tummy has been tossing and turning all week! Honestly it is hard, as despite the medical relief this surgery will have on most of us, it is still considered an elective surgery to most. Personally, I could have a resuspension, and have my two slings put in, and mesh for my posterior repair... but I am done having kids, and due to my issues it is suspected the suspension would recollapse, and I would be back where I started. Although I am young, they (my dr's) think I am on my way through menopause and my spotting is just from the falling of the organs. It is a hard decision. However I think it will be worth it for me!
Take care, and you will know what is right for you!
HUGS!
Annie29
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:13 AM

Annie 29,

It is Tuesday morning and you are probably on your way to having your surgery. I want to thank you for responding to my post and I am saying a special prayer for you this minute.

I wish you much success on your road to recovery. It gives me hope to know that the young and old suffer, and it takes alot for a woman to say "ENOUGH" to what she is going through - especially in her body. Last night I laid next to my 13 year old daughter and thanked God that I was able to have use of my uterus before I depart with it. I know for others, that is not the case.

God Bless, and here is to a smooth recovery. I'll be following in your footsteps in a couple of weeks.

Take Care!
Unread 12-03-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj9473
I forgot to ask, are there any younger ladies in their 30s having a hysterectomy on this post? I appreciate our older sisters, but let me know what your situation is that is warranting a hysterectomy at a young age. I have three fibroids, the biggest of which is an inch and is protruding into my uterus and have symptoms of heavier menses, cycles come around sooner (every 21 days), and a feeling of pressure. I am also anemic and on iron therapy.

Sometimes I look at those that seem to have more serious problems than me and I question whether my situation really warrants a hysterectomy, or maybe it is just anxiousness and the double-mindedness that comes with that. I hope I do not need a serious chill pill before surgery (LOL). My mom had fibroids and did the "wait and see" and hers grew very big over time and she had to have an abdominal hysterectomy. I definitely don't want to follow in her footsteps, so I am trying to be more proactive before problem turns into something bigger.
Hi, yes I am younger than 30, I'm just under that marker, I'm 29 :P I'm having a hysterectomy done (by choice) because I have premature ovarian failure and endometriosis. I've had two laps in the past with no success. The surgeon told me I'll be getting the hyst. done by laparascope and will have everything completely removed ( cervix as well). I'm going in December 12th and like the rest of you, I'm starting to feel nervous and anxious about it.
Unread 12-03-2008, 02:49 AM
HI to Bj

You asked about youngish girls in their 30's having hysters..........
Yes I will be a 39 yr old (does that count??lol)
Unread 12-03-2008, 07:04 AM

yes girl, you qualify as still being young LOL. My kids think 35 is old but I feel much younger at heart. I guess age is really just a number. I am thankful to have all of this wisdom of women from every age. I just started posting this week for the first time, and already I feel connected and like I am not alone. Women are the best! We are really built to last!
Unread 12-03-2008, 10:43 AM

Wow, alot of lady in their 30s with female problems. I am 35 and having a LAVH because of fibroids. My mom had a TAH because her fibroids were huge, and was told that it would take her a little longer to recover because of the abdominal incision. I think everything heals at same rate on inside, it is just whether or not you have to be cut abdominally that makes it longer or prone to other complications like infection, etc.

Veronica, I could not imagine having four kids, being a single parent, and going through this. That is a big cross to bear. Do you have any family that is going to step in and help you?
Unread 12-03-2008, 08:15 PM

I'm 37, and having my LSH in just under three weeks.

I'm so ready.
Unread 12-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Im 30...
Unread 12-03-2008, 08:20 PM

I'm 28. Just turned 28...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.