HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Fallen Ovary Question Fallen Ovary Question

Unread 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Fallen Ovary Question

I had a laparoscopy almost a week ago. This was the second time in 6 months that my doctor had to detach the ovary from where it was stuck (first time, abdominal wall; second time, colon). Since it is not quite a week, I'm trying not to panic, and hoping this is just normal healing pain, however...

The last couple of days I have had this pinching pain down in the lower part of the pelvis and into the groin. While doing some research here, I found a post from a member way back describing same said pinching sensation and the possibility of a fallen ovary. I guess I want to know, how soon can that happen? What would it feel like?

I have my 1-week postop today and I am scared to death to tell my doctor about this new pain (I don't want to seem ungrateful or like I'm looking for a new problem). It's too soon for anything bad to be happening, right?
Unread 12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Fallen Ovary Question

Mich,
I think one can read too much. Symptoms can sound alike, but mean something totally different. When I first started having problems, my symptoms sounded like those who had adhesions, was convinced I had them, but I didn't. Also, before the hyst, my symptoms sounded like I had Endo, even doc thought I had it, but I did not.

As we have told you over and over, you must be honest with your doctor.

Hopefully you are still just healing.

Unread 12-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Fallen Ovary Question

I asked him today at my postop appointment about the pinching. I showed him where, and he seems to think at this point it is probably normal as it is around the area where they did some electrocoagulation(??). I go back in 6 weeks. I guess if it gets worse before then, I'll have to go back in and see what he says. Hopefully, it will go away.

Yes, you are right, Kim, it does seem when you read someone else's symptoms that are similar, you start to think the worst. I think at this point I'm just so paranoid about the ovary causing a yet another problem, I'm ready to jump to all kinds of conclusion.
Unread 12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Fallen Ovary Question

Mich,

I would agree. After my TAH in 2006 I had to back away from HS for a good while. I think I am especially suspectible to suggestion after surgery...just meaning that you are feeling every little thing, and reading too much can be more harmful than helpful. Hope this makes sense! I LOVE HS, but at some point, you must think of yourself and get on with the business of living. I am probably close to that point now. I am doing SO well after my laparotomy and it's partly because of HS, but now...on life must go!

Yeah HS!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway