Very Bloated Belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Bloated Belly Very Bloated Belly

Unread 12-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Very Bloated Belly

I had a tvh on 12/22. Despite the rumbling gas in my tummy everything went quite well. I was released the 23rd. Now on Christmas Day I am noticing that my belly is hard and swollen. Is this normal? Is it gas or the need for a bm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Very Bloated Belly

Hello! I had LSH on 12/17. My belly was quite swollen when I came home and I did get some relief after bm. I was just commenting to my DH today that I can't imagine putting on regular pants with the amount of swelling still there. It will take some time I think..... take it easy and Merry Christmas! Leahlee in FL
Unread 12-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Very Bloated Belly

It will just take time to get all the gas out of your abdomen & get your bowels going again. It is very normal for where you are in healing. Just try to take a lot of small walks. It gets a little better each day! Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Very Bloated Belly

I experienced the same bloating immediately following surgery. It has been just a week and I am still looking and feeling slightly bloated. I find comfort in sweats, drinking lots of fluids, and having a daily BM. (The BM isn't normal yet either.)

Good luck!
Unread 12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Very Bloated Belly

I was getting the swelly belly almost every day for a good 10 weeks after the surgery and still got it after days of a lot of activity up to the 3 month mark. Even now, at the 7 month mark if I have really really busy day, in the evening I can get some very minor swelling. Dr told me internal healing process takes a good 12 months from the surgery so you can have lots of little episodes of this for a long time and its all ok. I have found that pulling back and having a bit more rest settles it down quickly. Happy healing ladies. You are still in early stages of your recovery internally so hang in there. Dont forget to
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Very Bloated Belly

I had no idea the belly swelling could last that long. I wonder how I will manage in my clothes when it is time for me to return to work. I would rather return looking smaller like I have lost some weight rather than big and bloated. I guess that is not the worst that could happen though, so I should count my blessings. I am just excited about about the no more runing to the bathroom while at work hoping I have not soaked my clothes.
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Very Bloated Belly

It has been 3 weeks and a day since I had my da Vinci Robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy and I am still bloated, gassy, have gas pain and have painful elimination. I have also noticed that if I stand or walk around for too long my belly gets more bloated. I guess everyone's body is different and therefore reacts differently. Healing process vary greatly from person to person. I have heard that internal healing can take up to 6 months-1 year. According to my Dr. experiencing bloating, constipation, gas and gas pain is normal for this type of surgery. Bottom line if you are concerned check with your doctor.
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Very Bloated Belly

I am not having the bloat/gas thing.... I think my surgeon must have somehow sucked it all out or something?
I wish he would have sucked out some of my stomach flab while he was in there...oh well....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register