Lower back pain,mid back pain and shoulder pain post op | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lower back pain,mid back pain and shoulder pain post op Lower back pain,mid back pain and shoulder pain post op

Unread 01-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Lower back pain,mid back pain and shoulder pain post op

I had my hysterectomy with everything removed on Jan12 2009. I have had this aching nagging pain that was also in my legs however that is better. I can not get comfortable in any position for long with this back pain. It also gets in my shoulders. Has anyone else experienced this??? I would feel great if this pain would stop. Pain meds help but I just don't understand why the pain is lower back mid back and shoulders. MD really did not have a answer. Also hurts between shoulder blades occasionally. My hysterectomy was due to severe endometriosis. By the way this pain also gets in my hips. I have no other health problems and I have never heard any other women complain of this following hysterectomy. I am 34. THanks for any help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Hi Stephaniede!
Women here have posted the same symptoms of aches and pains right after surgery. I did not have the pain between the shoulder but my lower back and hips where sore and achy for more than a few weeks. What type of procedure did you have? My procedure was a horizontal cut across my pelvis, much like a C-section.
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:34 PM

Hi Stephanie,
Did you have a lap or laser procedure? I have had those symptoms when I had laser surgeries and was told is was the gas they use to blow your abdomen up for the surgery. Gas X or Phasime works wonderful. I would try that first. if that doesn't work within the hour I would give my friendly dr. a quick call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2009, 07:16 PM

I had a abdominal incision from just below belly button to pubic bone. I worry about blood clots with every wierd pain!!
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:36 AM

Hi Stephanie

This sounds like gas pains to me. Are you walking around much? That would help to get it moving. I tried to walk slow laps around the house for 10 minutes of each hour in the first week and moved on to walks around the town or out with the dog & my sister for about 20 to 30 minutes in the second week. I needed to hold my tummy most of the time to make sure it wouldn't jiggle around.

Hugs

Kate
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the reply Kate , I Have been up and moving around and it does feel better whenI move or change positions. It drives me crazy when I try to lay and be still so I am not in one spot for long!!!

Thanks
Stephanie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register