HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

pessary--pros and cons? pessary--pros and cons?

Unread 01-18-2009, 12:40 PM
pessary--pros and cons?

New to wearing a pressary and I'd love to hear pros and cons from past or present wearers of a pressary.
Thanks
Bichonlady
Unread 01-18-2009, 01:58 PM
pessary--pros and cons?

I thought it was a pain to take in and out to clean. I wore it temporarily until I could schedule my surgery. I ceremoniously through it out last week.

The whole idea of it seemed so antiquated....so medievil time, very caveman times.....like this is the best that medicine could do for us?
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:02 PM
pressary pros and cons

Well I've had the hysterectomy and now I'm trying to avoid prolaspe surgery of the bladder and vaginal vault as it is not bad right now. So hopefully if I can get the hang of the removal of the pressary and start on kegel exercises I'll be ok.
Thanks
bichonlady
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:35 PM
pessary--pros and cons?

It is absolutely no big deal learning to take it in and out....it just seems like there has GOT to be a better way. The doctor tried 4 different ones on me until we found one that fit right...one was the size and shape of the dice that hang from a rearview mirror only the corners were pointie...WHO came up with that thing> Mine ended up looking like a Krispy Kreme donut....how do you like THAT visual? LOL
Unread 01-19-2009, 07:11 AM
pessary--pros and cons?

I will have to work on taking it out without taking everything else out along with it. It might not be the right one so on my next appt we will see if this is the one. I'm just wondering if I should have tried for the rectocele repair only and skipped the hysterectomy as I wasn't really having any problems in that department yet. Now I've got all these other issues since there isn't anything to hold it all up. LOL My sex life is going down hill fast with all these problems it is not the same and right now not very comfortable to have sex. I'm getting discouraged with it all and worry about teh dryness I seem to be having. I guess I'll get use to this and hopefully it will get better as I've read here some have had reoccuring or first time rectocele from the pressure of the pressary so that really made me feel just wonderful. LOL
Thanks ,
Bichonlady

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway