HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

joint pain after hysterectomy and removal of ovaries joint pain after hysterectomy and removal of ovaries

Unread 01-22-2009, 06:38 AM
joint pain after hysterectomy and removal of ovaries

hello sisters i really need help. i had a tah plus removal of imovaries in may.i have been trying so many hrt medication but nothing is helping my severe joint and bone pain.i feel a 100 years old and im only 44. im nursing and missing time off work due yo this problem. when i get up in the morning my feet feel as though they are going to crumble and my whole body hurts with the stiffness and pain. especially my neck.i cant turn my head without being in agony.i wish i had never had the op. please could anyone identify with me and give me some advice.im on premarin hrt at the moment.but i need help please. IM DESPERATE FOR HELP. thank you all for just being here. i look forward to hearing from you my sisters. xx
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:26 AM

im not sure wher or what category i should put myself in, can you advise me please. i need help with all this joint pain.
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:51 AM

Have you talked to your GP about auto immune things? You can also have joint and muscle pain if you are defieceint in Vit. D. I would call your GP and have thwm do some bloodwork to make sure that it's not something oyher than one of the horrible side effects of meno. Good luck and I hope you feel better. Keep us posted.
Unread 01-22-2009, 09:09 AM

It sounds like low estrogen to me. I had and still sometime do have joint pain and currently have a frozen shoulder. Have you read "Screaming to be Heard" by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. It's very good. A friend of mine had the feet issues really bad and when she increased her patch strength and lowered her progesterone the issues got much better.

Take Care,

Teresa
Unread 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM

Boy, can I relate. I, too, had a TAH and removal of both ovaries. Just today I have googled "joint pain" "finger pain" "walking like I'm 90", just to name a few. I am currently on Estratest HS and can't figure out if the Estratest is causing the joint pain, or failing to treat the joint pain. I'm going to call my surgeon's office tomorrow to discuss. My advice to you is to discuss with your physician, as well. In the meantime exercise, eat healthy, take a multi everyday, and try to stay positive.
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:43 PM

I too am feeling joint pain. I think its an imbalance of hormones also. The short time that I have been in balance, my joints did not ache. Try something new and keep trying till you find one that works on all symptoms (it exsists I hope)
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:05 AM

I have the same thing...does sound like low estrogen, but Estrogen itself can cause the same thing. I would def keep trying some other forms of estrogen
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:38 PM

I had my total TAH with the ovaries and cervix removed Oct 15th. Around Nov 15th, I started having aches in my hips while walking, mostly. That continued, and all the surgeon's office would say after me asking them twice about it was it wasn't related to the operation. With a shrug. Around Dec 15th, my shoulders started aching and burning, and the hip aches got worse. From then till last week, stiffness came in to the point where I couldn't even reach to take off my jacket, and my hips were freezing up when I got up from a chair, so I went to the general practitioner.

He said I had severe inflammation, which should not be. (Thank heavens.) So he ordered blood tests for rheumatoid arthritis done, and maybe something else. The nurse called from his office and left a message this afternoon that the "tests looked very good." Since I have no idea what else he tested me for, plus I still don't know what caused the inflammation, I'm going to have to call his office Monday and play phone tag.

I want to add one more thing that he gave me a shot of cortisone into my hip (not joint though) along with something else (I'm sorry, I can't remember what the 2nd thing was.) Within 10 hours, all the stiffness and 99 percent of the ache was totally gone. So I'm having a wonderful day today. However, I can feel a little burning coming back into one shoulder tonight.

I am not suffering from any kind of hot flashes (age 52). I get a tiny bit warm sometimes, but it goes away swiftly.

So this is all to say yes, there is another one of us out here. If they give me any insight Monday, I will write an update so maybe it will help you.
Hugs,
FM
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:40 PM

PS: I forgot to mention, I'm not on hormones for a couple of reasons. Just in case that relates.
FM
Unread 01-23-2009, 08:18 PM

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 3 years after my LAVH--my symptoms were exactly as you described. I feel in my gut that there is a hormonal component to RA...please have your doctor do some simple blood tests for RA if you continue to feel joint issues.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway