HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up bad, extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up bad,

Unread 01-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Unhappy - extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up bad, extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up bad,

Im so mean now. I had the hysterectomy 6 weeks ago put on the patch,the next day. The gyno changed it to the v dot patch. I told her 3 weeks later Im mean as heck I cant stand it,so she put me on a half dose of prempro also. Also im on antianxiety meds. I hate myself. Im losing my new bf,my friends, im so nervous when I go to work. I go see my counsilor Wednesday, The gyno just says give it time blah blah . I had bad fibroids and severe pms before. Iwas hoping it would aleast help my Pms but this worse by far. If I didnt have kids,and grandkids I would do mySelf in. Im so mean and moody. Im 43.had blood clots 20 years ago in my legs twice. I have a lump the Dr is watching closey now in my breast,Im waiiting for results from my ultrasound,had 2 mamaos. I have high blood pressue now. The good news Is I feel the need to exerice and be more active. Also I live with my ex due to previous bad health and extremly high medical bills cat afford a house now. I hate it here but dont get me wrong Im greatful to have a place for me and my 17 year old son. MY hormones are a mess please someone give me some advice. I cant take much more of this. Im so mean.
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:39 AM
extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up bad,

((((HUGS))))

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I have been there,and still battle the feelings you express. I'm sure that doesn't help any, just wanted to let you know, that you are not alone.

I am praying some vets with more sage advice can reach out to you, but I can say, that you do need to give it some time. Also, journal everyday, what your feelings and physical symptoms are. Schedule another appt with your doc, and if you feel she isn't listening to you,or minimizing your condition,fire her! Keep searching for a doc who is compassionate, and willing to work WITH you. It just stinks, that we have to step up, and STRONGLY advocate for ourselves, when we are sooo vulnerable,and at our worst. You might want to find out if there is a Compounding Pharmacy near you, call them, and ask if they can refer you to a doctor who is morre of the progressive mindset.

Stay at this site,and read and ask questions.

It may take some time-and you may have to adjust your hrt many times, but the more informed you are, and the more support you have, the better off you will be.

I know it'shard, but try very hard NOT to look at the big picture, and just take a day at a time. This helps greatly,with feelings of being overwhelmed(ex, boyfriend, bills,surgery,etc...).

Another ((((HUG))))!!!
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Re: extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up b

I am SO sorry you are going through this. I know it can all seem so overwhelming...I've been there and am there. I too had severe PMS and had two surgeries. 1. hyst w/ right ovary rem. 2. left ovary rem.
I didn't take hormones for about 7 months after. I tried to do it alone. I was irritable and very angry at the everyone and mean! My skin was dry, etc..hot flashes bad! I started taking estradial. I think it helped...but I started having severe anxiety and very scary thoughts...just like I did with post pardum. I went off the meds...now I try once in a while to take one, but inevidably the anxiety comes back..without the meds I'm irritable though? It is hard...but this site really helps so you know you're not alone. One thing I found that really helps is eliminate these from your diet today: caffiene, chocolate, and sugar. This seems to help a ton! Hang in there. Go for a good walk, and like the previous poster said...take it moment by moment, day by day. Try not to get too overwhelmed by the "big picture".

Take care!!!
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Re: extreme anger and anxiety after my total hysterectomy,my hormones are messed up b

Hang in there, we are all here for you!
Unread 05-19-2009, 06:22 AM

I am there now. I have moments where I'm okay, then I get frustrated and want to snap. I can't do this at work. I'm on vdot now. Some days I'm fine. Some, like today, I'm not. I just dont' understand it. This isn't what I signed up for. I kept my ovaries to avoid menopause, and now here I am, 42 and out of control. DH is trying, but sometimes I can't even handle him being sympathetic, it just makes me angier. I don't know what to do.
Unread 05-19-2009, 06:38 AM

I had an already stressful life before surgery with two teenagers and a husband who is their stepfather. Let's just say they do not like each other very much right now. I know that will change eventually but since surgery my emotions are so powerful. From anger to crying uncontrollably. It's so hard to deal with everything calmly and constructively when inside you want to hide under the covers or throw dinner across the room. Wow I never thought it would feel this intense.
Unread 05-19-2009, 09:11 AM

It has been 4 years since mine and still have stress and anxiety. I took natural creams and progesterone and my cholesterol went up and gained 25 lbs. Then i went on estradol .5 mg and did nothing but made me gain another 25 lbs in a year. I don't sleep right, hair falling out, aches, moody, tired all the time etc.. now since my endo feeling of pain was coming back near the sight where my ovary was when I was taking estrogen he said I might never be able to take it because of my endo (mean while I have no parts) they must of missed it in the surgery. He wants me to take efflexor so I can sleep and maybe reduce weight. Anybody ever take that?
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM

It's been 11 years for me and here I am looking for help. I guess this is how it's going to be for the rest if my life? This is terrible.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.