HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Contest: Hopes for 2009 - Reply to enter: Win a Bed Tray! (2 winners!) Contest: Hopes for 2009 - Reply to enter: Win a Bed Tray! (2 winners!)

Unread 02-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Contest: Hopes for 2009 - Reply to enter: Win a Bed Tray! (2 winners!)

I pray for a healthy 2009 for all my fellow HYSTERSISTERS as well as for myself. I hope my wound continues to heal nicely so I am able to focus on my mother who seems to be going downhill fast. I pray that President Obama is able to turn our country's economy around and bring peace to the Middle East so our beloved troops can come home for good. I hope everyone here has a healthy and happy 2009 and for many years after as well! Be well ladies.

Barbara
Unread 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM

My hopes are that the medical community will come up with cures for whatever made us need a hysterectomy. Cure ovarian and cervical cancers, cure fibroids, cure cysts and endo, cure everything that ails us women.

I also hope that I can return to my normal life. That things can get back to normal or that I can be better than normal.
I hope that I won't have any other female problems or complications from this surgery.
Unread 02-13-2009, 09:12 PM

My hope for 2009 is that the treatment of women will become more humane worldwide and that includes here in the US. I am 54 and women of my generation didn't have the opportunities that women in their 20's-30's do now. I am hoping that all the little baby girls born this year will be treated with respect and educated so that they can become the best they can be.
Unread 02-14-2009, 02:12 PM

My hopes for 2009 is that after my hyst. that I will feel like myself again and loose the weight that I gained due to the hormone fluctuations. I hope that the economy gets better. I hope that we will stop this war in the other countries and that those who are fighting for us will return home safely to their loved ones. Most of all I wish everyone LOVE and PEACE!!!
Melanie
Unread 02-21-2009, 07:10 AM

My hope for 2009 is to learn about acceptance. I need to be able to accept whatever the results of are of my surgery next week and the new realities of my life after surgery. I need to be able to accept the help and support of my loved ones, even though I've usually been the one to help and support them in the past. I need to be able to accept myself and the limitations that will, at least temporarily be placed on me. And, I hope for the wisdom to know the difference between the things I can and cannot change and the courage to change those I can (like the courage to ask for help when I need it, the courage to ask for pain meds when I need them, etc.). In other words, my hope for 2009 is to make the serenity prayer a reality for my life.
Unread 02-23-2009, 11:56 AM

We have two winners for this contest:

*CharMay* and shena09

I will be sending a message to these gals with congrats! Thanks for playing!
Unread 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM

congratulations !

hugs,
jamesgirl
Unread 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM

My hopes for 2009 is to get much needed questions answered and to be part of the way healthy (if not totally), so, I can have a life again. Do things with my hubby and children, not feel like I'm such a burden on everyone around me.
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM

One of my hopes for 2009 is for the woman who was my roommate last week when I had my TVH. She is young, has 2 children, and had a TAH due to just-diagnosed ovarian cancer which the docs feel has spread to other parts of her body. So she is not only dealing with her hyst recovery, but with many other things. She has no insurance,but got great help from a special program at our hospital. My hope and prayer is for her to survive and to be able to raise her children and have a life of peace.
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Re: Contest: Hopes for 2009 - Reply to enter: Win a Bed Tray! (2 winners!)

Peace, prosperity, and a new appreciation and compassion for each other.

And on a more personal level I'd love to stop the bleeding that's been going on for months. I can't believe I'm saying that in many ways I'm looking FORWARD to my hysterectomy.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.