HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

LSH 7 weeks ago - still bleeding after sex LSH 7 weeks ago - still bleeding after sex

Unread 01-24-2009, 08:00 PM
LSH 7 weeks ago - still bleeding after sex

I have seen several posts on post op bleeding after sex but none of the people had the LSH. I had the LSH 7 weeks ago. I only bled that day. 1st time I had sex was 3 weeks post op. I bled. When I spoke to my Dr he said not to worry. Of course the bleeding upset my husband. Needless to say we tried again today so 4 weeks later and the same thing happened. Has this happened to anyone else? How long will this go on?
I did have some spotting about a week or so ago but I called the Dr and was told the spotting could be normal because they left my cervix. HELP!
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:27 PM

I know that it's not that uncommon for women who keep their cervix to have a mini period, even when the cervix was cauterized. But sex after bleeding, that's not reallly the same thing. I don't know what to tell you on that. Sorry.

Kara
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:21 AM

I waited until 11 weeks to have sex & it went fine so I can't really help either. I am sure someone here will have some advice. Best wishes.
Unread 01-25-2009, 12:46 PM

Hi Mishyd,

I also had a LSH.

From being on Hyster Sisters...I have read that it can be normal to have some post-op spotting for up to 6-8 weeks post-op after a LSH. So...I would just keep a watchful check. It could also be a mini-period..as ReliefSeeker mentioned.

If it continues..I would put a call into your Dr. again. To be on the safe side.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 01-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Did you get cleared for sex at 3 weeks out? My doctor had me wait until the six week mark, even though I too had the LSH. Have you asked the doc to make sure you didn't damage anything? I don't want to freak you out, but that's the first thing I thought of.
Unread 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM

I was cleared after 3 weeks. He told me there was nothing to damage. He told me not to worry. I just wondered if/when it would stop?
Unread 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Well, even if your doc. (who is in the minority compared to most women's docs. on here) says you're clear, if you're bleeding, you need to hold off longer. I'm not a doctor, but your body is trying to tell you something, and it's not "Give me more of that."

Kara
Unread 01-27-2009, 11:02 AM
spotting after sex

Hello All!

I wanted to add that I have began spotting today after having had sex this past weekend for the first time. We had no issues during or after, just a little cramping. The Dr cleared me for this activity on Friday so I feel that I should be okay but I am seeing the blood go more red now than ever before. I actually was not spotting, very minimal discharge only when BM prior to today, so watching and waiting now..hoping no increase I had the LAVH on 12/17/2008 and was cleared on this past Friday for ALL activity. Dr just said take it easy and if you feel any pain stop but I felt no pain. I just wish this spotting would stop now!!

just my situation to add to the mix

Hope everyone is healing!!!
Unread 01-27-2009, 11:53 AM

Want2fly, thanks for putting your 2 cents in. I had mine on the 19th and am pretty sure the doc. will clear me on Thursday, which is about 6 weeks for me. It makes me want to wait til 8. I always hear on here that almost all the women who wait til 8 don't have complications. And it seems like quite a bit more have complications, if even just cramping and/or spotting, when it's before 8.

Maybe I'll make the most of this outercourse! Hopefully I'll be ready for that after Thursday. My doc. cleared me a week ago but then I got a "probable" infection and got antibiotics. And my stitches only stopped coming out a few days ago.

Kara
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
spotting after sex

Oh Kara, it is a journey isn't it? This healing process..I am six weeks tomorrow and I am going to wait to have penetration again for at least a couple weeks just to be safe. I have not had any adverse effects really but I am back at work trying to deal and tired and I just don't need the "spotting" being in the back of my head making me worry too. Hubby will be fine; he is all about making sure I heal so we can have a "great summer" he keeps saying LOL so we will struggle thru...

Have a great day all my bester hyster sisters

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.