HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Pain After Oophorectomy Pain After Oophorectomy

Unread 01-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Pain After Oophorectomy

I had my LAVH with removal of my right ovary in June 05. On Jan 15, 2009, I had my remaining ovary removed. I felt great the 1st week but, the 2nd wk hasn't been so great. When I went for my post op they started treating me for a bladder infection because of pain in my lower pelvic region and there was trace blood in my urine. I have been on the antibiotics now for 3 days and I am still in pain. The pain is just a nagging ache. I'm not sure if it could be a pulled muscle or what. The pain was so bad last night I slept with my electric blanket on high and my heating pad on high trying to get relief. I haven't had a temp so I don't think it could be any type infection from surgery. Has anyone ever had this type pain during their recovery?
Unread 02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Pain After Oophorectomy

I am fresh out of the hospital. Only been home 4 days and I have a burning pain in my left side. I had my left ovarie and tube removed. The pains started before I left hospital and I let them and my Dr. know about it. No tests were performed and they acted lke it was nothing. I guess if it still feels like this tomorrow I will be caling the Dr. Sometimes it burns so bad it is hard to walk around, I mostly lay in bed.
Unread 02-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Pain After Oophorectomy

Aware,

I am assuming you had your surgery done abdominally. I had mine done LAP. I am beginning to think I've pulled a muscle in my left side because I vacuumed a week after surgery. I started taking the 800 mg Motrin the Dr. gave me after surgery and some muscle relaxers he had given me last surgery for a pulled muscle. They seem to help for a little while. I also, think I am having the body aches from the med they have me on for the UTI. You can be certain I will be calling someone tomorrow.

I hope you get to feeling better. The Dr. always reminds me your body is going through a lot on the inside.

Take care! and for certain DO NOT VACUUM.

AJC
Unread 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Pain After Oophorectomy

Yes mine was done abdominally through the same incision that I had from my hyster 7 months ago. The burning sensation is starting to calm down some. But then I get into a coughing fit and the burning starts again. I have 12 staples that do not get removed until Feb. 9th. Don't worry I will not be doing any vacuuming any time soon. Right now all I want to do is sleep all the time even though I barely use my pain pills, I try to save them for when I go to sleep at night. Hope you are feeling a little better today also.
Unread 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Pain After Oophorectomy

I had both ovaries removed, post hysterectomy, on 1/5/09. I have a pain on my left side. Especially predominant when I have maybe done too much. It will even hurt with every step I take.

My doctor said my incision looked good and totally dismissed the pain I was having... saying it appeared I was healing well.

I wonder if its just part of the process of healing???
Unread 02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Pain After Oophorectomy

Kathy,

I'm not sure but, I'm trying to find out. I have a call in to the Dr.. I hurt also, when I take a step. My stomach is swollenand when I walk it feels like jelly inside me and I'm having pain like you would have right before your period.

I'm about ready to try the emergency room and see if they can find out anything. I'm afraid my Dr. is going to think I'm a hypo.

LOL,

AJC
Unread 02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Pain After Oophorectomy

I did talk to my Dr. about the burning sensation, I was informed that it is due to the nerve endings being cut and they are healing back together. Mine are calming down, only happens if I start coughing and if I sneeze or lay the wrong way. I am still feeling exhausted though and want to sleep all the time. I am hoping as soon as my driving restrictions are raised and I can get out that will change. Of course I will take it slowly and be very careful since it is the slippery time of the year. But being cooped up in the house all the time is driving me crazy.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.