HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

weird hard mass in vagina weird hard mass in vagina

Unread 02-16-2009, 07:23 PM
weird hard mass in vagina

I have been bleeding this week and am having an endo surgery next week. So I tried to feel in my vagina earlier today to see if I could see if anything felt wrong. I was horrified to feel a hard mass type thing at the very front of my vagina. I don't know what on earth this is. I was just at the gyno a few weeks ago and they did a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound and they didn't say anything about that.

I know that I do have a cyst on my cervix (they will remove that next week) but I didn't think that this is what I felt today. I assume that the cyst and cervix would be in my abdomen and that I would not be able to reach that so this seems like something else.

Any ideas of what this is. I am freaking out? I have a preop blood work appointment this week but it will not be with my doctor and is at a different place so I am assuming they will not be able to deal with this new development.
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Since the cyst is on your cervix, it could be what you are feeling. Perhaps you should call your doctor to see if a pelvic exam is in order before your surgery.
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Oh ok. I didn't think I would be able to feel that. I usually don't feel around down there so I have nothing to compare it to. I thought this was some new symptom (like I need any more things to pop up right now). It just really shocked me.
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:56 PM

My endometrioma, which was attached to both ovaries, would push in and I could feel it get it the way a bit whenever I would insert a tampon. What you described reminded a bit of that. It might be a good idea to bring it up with your doctor though, just in case if will effect how they handle your surgery, ie, if the cyst has gotten bigger. Good luck to you!
Unread 02-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Thanks! I was reading some online and I am now wondering if my cervix may be low especially if the cyst is weighing on it. I have been bleeding for 3 days - my doctor says that I bleed because of the cyst and I bleed through my cervix. I had a total hysterectomy 3 years ago so it always upsets me to be bleeding monthly because everything has been removed but this cyst messes everything up.
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:49 AM

I agree with cmtsp - it could be the cyst you are feeling. The cervix isn't in your abdomen, and is actually quite easy to reach and feel; your vagina is actually a lot shorter than you think! But I would absolutely call your doctor's office to check in with them.

good luck...
Unread 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM

I had a similar experience and it was a vaginal cyst, inclusion type... was told it was caused by epithelial cells getting trapped during an episiotomy where edges were not perfectly lined up (many years back)... mine was discovered while dr was trying to figure out cause for my vaginal bleeding (years after uterus removal). He removed the vaginal cyst (with local anesthetic) and a couple years later more bleeding occured which turned out to be ovarian cysts and endometriosis. Somehow I bled vaginally though had NO CERVIX and everything at the top was sewn shut. This dr didn't even suspect endometriosis either.. took another 2 years and more bleeding for a better dr to suspect endo and then it was confirmed with BSO/laparoscopy.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.